Of Zombies and headshots and flying limbs.

Rotor

So, I know there are several mod/modlets out there for headshots only.  I like the premise, more inline with the whole zombie theme, etc.  However, it does make the game more difficult, which at face value is a good thing....for moi.   Now my problem is the randomess of the RNG and that I like to play the bow.

Now, @RevenantWit has a good thing going with CZDM 

Now my question is, is there a way to increase the dismemberment chance in lieu of the body damage?

Do zombies damage model "hitzones" include separate pieces?  Where as the torso could have a damage value of zero, the head 100 and limbs 75, as an example.  Or is it only 2, head and body?

Or does that already exist and I missed it?

There are different hit zones as you get bonus damage against the head when you perk higher into the attributes.

They handle it by tags

<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="attStrength"/>
                <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" level="2,8" value="0.1,.7" tags="head"/>
                <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" level="9,10" value=".85,1" tags="head"/>
                <passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" level="2,10" value=".05,.45"/>

Maybe you could do the same thing with DismemberChance if you add tags to it?

Found this info in the bottom of the buffs where all the good info is, might help with this as well to do something similar to CZDM

DismemberChance, ; decapitation, 0-1;  tags are "head,arm,leg"
    <property name="DismemberMultiplierHead" value="1"/> These zombie properties multiply the set dismember chance.
    <property name="DismemberMultiplierArms" value="1"/>
    <property name="DismemberMultiplierLegs" value="1"/>

Also the body damage in CZDM is done by targeting not the head so isn't really using a "body" tag per say. You can also target specific things like arms and legs instead, CZDM just counts anything not a headshot as a body shot with the way it is setup.

Edited by RevenantWit (see edit history)

@RevenantWit So, that looks like on/off 0-1 right?  Or make the 1 a 10?

@BFT2020 Tags? like:

<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" level="2,10" value=".05,.45" tags=Arms/>  ???  

Will that increase the chance or do the numbers have to be changed?  The above is all Latin...I only know english and spanish :).

Not sure on that first bit as I don't mess with the progression stuffs hardly ever. I would imagine level shouldn't be needed at all and you'd only need one value but again not sure how that works exactly without diggin into it.

As for the snippet I posted it was just some comments in the bottom of the buffs, there is a lot of info there. I haven't used it myself so can't say for sure the best use of it without a little trial and error. Beings a multiplier though it should just increase the chance of dismemberment I just don't know if you can go over 1 or if it's percent based and can use decimals that's where some trial and error would be needed.

The tags though references this: 

tags are "head,arm,leg"

and is to target a specific part. In CZDM I just use:

<requirement name="!HitLocation" body_parts="Head"/>

To signify not hit location head. So anything not a head shot gets the body multiplier.

Anywho sorry I couldn't be more specific but I haven't used either of the mentioned dismember lines before so can't really say more without diggin into myself. Hope the above still helps though.

17 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Thanks, not sure I got the time....or patience.  I appreciate it.

ok I think I got it, DismemberChance is a passive effect so should be able to be used something like this

EXAMPLE:

<effect_group name="ArmDismemberModifier">
            <requirement name="HitLocation" body_parts="arm"/>
            <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="zombie"/>
            <passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="perc_add" value="0.5"/><!--Arm Dismemberment Multiplier Value-->
        </effect_group>

Now that's unverified but seems like it should work, that should add a 50% extra dismemberment chance to the arms existing value on all zombies and works the same as CZDM settings does.

You might even be able to replace the body damage modifiers in CZDM like so

EXAMPLE:

<effect_group name="rwLimbDismemberModifier">
            <requirement name="!HitLocation" body_parts="Head"/>
            <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="rwRegularZombies"/>
            <passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="perc_add" value="0.5"/><!--Body Damage Multiplier Value-->
        </effect_group>

The above should give a 50% dismember chance to anything not the head for the zombie group in the tags= section.

Again unverified though so may need tweaking, it would go in same place as CZDM though and use similar values if you wanna test it out and see

16 hours ago, Rotor said:

@RevenantWit So, that looks like on/off 0-1 right?  Or make the 1 a 10?

@BFT2020 Tags? like:

<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" level="2,10" value=".05,.45" tags=Arms/>  ???  

Will that increase the chance or do the numbers have to be changed?  The above is all Latin...I only know english and spanish :).

base_add will add a flat number to the chance.  So say normally you have a 0.2 chance, so 0.05 would be added to it to get you to 0.25 and the last scale would be 0.65 chance (65%).

though your structure is a bit off on tags, that would read tags="arms"

One easy way of checking is to put the passive effect on the survivor in the entityclasses file.  I did that with a passive bonus for electric trap kills

<insertAfter xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']">
        <passive_effect name="ElectricalTrapXP" operation="base_set" value="0.1"/>
    </insertAfter>

This way you can see if you are getting a higher chance of dismemberments

• 3 weeks later...

So, does this make sense?

Spoiler

<config>
    <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']">
        <effect_group>
            <effect_group name="ArmDismemberModifier">
            <requirement name="HitLocation" body_parts="arm"/>
            <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="zombie"/>
            <passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="perc_add" value="0.5"/><!--Arm Dismemberment Multiplier Value-->
        </effect_group>
    </append>
    <insertAfter xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ArmDismemberModifier']">
        <passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_set" value="0.1"/>
    </insertAfter>

</config>

Edited by Rotor (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Rotor said:

If this works, in theory I would have to add another <effect_group> for "leg", correct?

Correct, though you might be able to combine it if you have the same chance

<requirement name="HitLocation" body_parts="arm,leg"/>