Game Performing Like Garbage in Cities

PewP3r

I've been playing this game for ages, and with every release hoping they address the performance issues in dense cities. I'm running a pretty beefy gaming PCs, 2080ti, 32 GB RAM, modern system, optimized for gaming, but 7 Days cities always suck... My GPU is consistently being under-utilized, yet I'm hitching and stuttering all over the place. The only solution, and this was the same for prior versions, is to turn off all fancy lighting effects and drop textures/terrain/objects down to medium. Which is terrible for such a dated engine.

Does anyone have a graphics settings guide for A21? I'm running 1920x1080 even, and still super jumpy in cities.

6 hours ago, PewP3r said:

I've been playing this game for ages, and with every release hoping they address the performance issues in dense cities. I'm running a pretty beefy gaming PCs, 2080ti, 32 GB RAM, modern system, optimized for gaming, but 7 Days cities always suck... My GPU is consistently being under-utilized, yet I'm hitching and stuttering all over the place. The only solution, and this was the same for prior versions, is to turn off all fancy lighting effects and drop textures/terrain/objects down to medium. Which is terrible for such a dated engine.

Does anyone have a graphics settings guide for A21? I'm running 1920x1080 even, and still super jumpy in cities.

Assuming you're on a Windows machine, do you have hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling enabled in your Windows -> Settings -> Graphics Settings?

It's one of those "YMMV" kinda settings, but it might help take some of the load off your CPU.

Edited by EvilPolygons (see edit history)

21 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

How to report an issue.

Can't really do much for you without more detailed information.

Game is CPU-bound, not GPU. So if you throw a 4090Ti into a system running a Ryzen 2400, you aren't going to see any improvement.

Corsair One i60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

32 GB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080ti

Game installed on an NVME2 SSD

Good to know that it's CPU bound, fits my experience

15 hours ago, EvilPolygons said:

Assuming you're on a Windows machine, do you have hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling enabled in your Windows -> Settings -> Graphics Settings?

It's one of those "YMMV" kinda settings, but it might help take some of the load off your CPU.

Giving this a go now, it was indeed enabled. Though, not sure it'll impact other games I'm playing...