Are Horde Nights Tougher By Biome...?

Does Horde Night difficulty ramp with the biome? Is a Horde Night in the Wasteland much tougher than one in a Pine Forest? We've done all our Horde Nights in the pine forest area in the town where the majority of our stuff is. Would it be a distinctly wilder night in the Wasteland?

Just now, OneManStanding said:

Does Horde Night difficulty ramp with the biome? Is a Horde Night in the Wasteland much tougher than one in a Pine Forest? We've done all our Horde Nights in the pine forest area in the town where the majority of our stuff is. Would it be a distinctly wilder night in the Wasteland?

Yes, the hordes are based on game stage and game stage varies by biome.  Note that it is based on where you are when horde night starts, so if your base is in the forest on the edge of the wasteland and you are in the wasteland when horde night starts, you'll have wasteland hordes even if you go back into the forest to your base.

9 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Yes, the hordes are based on game stage and game stage varies by biome.  Note that it is based on where you are when horde night starts, so if your base is in the forest on the edge of the wasteland and you are in the wasteland when horde night starts, you'll have wasteland hordes even if you go back into the forest to your base.

Just to add onto what Riamus said, I've seen many players (including myself) build a dedicated horde base (or a main base) in a harder biome like snow or wasteland later in the game to boost gamestage. I typically do this when I am confident I can have the materials and ammo to deal with more rads and demos. Another important thing to think about is the zombie loot bags. Those bags (which typically aren't great to begin with) do not actually contain anything until the moment you open them, just like all loot containers. What your lootstage is (which is also tied to gamestage and what biome you are in) the moment you open the bag will determine the quality of the contents. If you want to boost your gamestage on horde nights, I would recommend having your base in the harder biome so that when you do open those bags, you get that boost when you open the bags as well. I've looted plenty of high-tier weapons and tools from the red bags especially (dropped by demos).