Bag with Beer

Ch1raqq

Hello! When I drink beer, the effect doesn't appear in the UI, but it's still active. Additionally, the duration of the beer, when combined with the Bar Brawl book, lasts not just 2 minutes as intended, but a whole 5-8 minutes (randomly, when the effect appears in the UI). Has anyone else encountered this issue? What possible fixes are there for this problem? My friend has the same issue.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Well, the UI quite laggy atm, are you sure you're not just chugging several? The buff duration stacks, as a general rule you can use three of the same item in a row, to stack the time to max.

I am certain that I only drink one beer at a time. However, after the effect doesn't appear in the UI, the next time I use a beer, the duration of the effect triples (I just checked, it ranged from 3 to 6 minutes overall, and there was even 8 minutes).

There's at least 10 secs between the first and the second? Not just basic lag then.. sounds weird indeed.

The three minutes might be explained by some points in Iron Gut (I think) .. one of those Fort skill increases buff duration. And then the rounding is.. potentially not what you're expecting :)

23 minutes ago, theFlu said:

There's at least 10 secs between the first and the second? Not just basic lag then.. sounds weird indeed.

The three minutes might be explained by some points in Iron Gut (I think) .. one of those Fort skill increases buff duration. And then the rounding is.. potentially not what you're expecting :)

doesn't matter how much time between, results are alike. Don't you have this problem?

Can't say if I have used beer at all, likely not; but all the buffs I've used have done what they're supposed to. I think one food didn't work, once, I likely swapped items too soon after eating and it didn't register right; other than that, haven't really noticed any issues other than the 3 second delay in activation.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Can't say if I have used beer at all, likely not; but all the buffs I've used have done what they're supposed to. I think one food didn't work, once, I likely swapped items too soon after eating and it didn't register right; other than that, haven't really noticed any issues other than the 3 second delay in activation.

I have no problems with other food too, but only with beer. I've tried to not change item for 5-6 seconds, it didn't work

Edited by Ch1raqq (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Ch1raqq said:

the effect doesn't appear in the UI, but it's still active.

When you say "effect" are you referring to the blurriness on the screen, or the beer icon on the bottom left? If the first one, then I'm pretty sure one of the Bar Brawling books removes that blurry effect.

6 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

When you say "effect" are you referring to the blurriness on the screen, or the beer icon on the bottom left? If the first one, then I'm pretty sure one of the Bar Brawling books removes that blurry effect.

Effect of beer in UI (in down-left corner, that shows every effect on character), not blur effect. I have a Brawl book that removes blur. Yesterday during the game effect shows everytime, but still have random effect time (2m 43s, 3m or 5m every time I use it)

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

I found a couple beers in a drop box yesterday.. I toasted for this thread and they seemed to work fine for me. Both gave 1 min of buff as they do by default, and it stacked normally.

Thanks for info. Did you taste it with Brawl book?

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

Yeah I tried last night both with and without the brawling book that removes blurry vision and had the icon show up every time.

I only play in SP unmodded though so not sure if there's a difference in MP

Thank you for answer! I guess, something with my friend's server, or with beer in MP