Bike Trailers

PewP3r

I think y'all should add a craftable bicycle trailer to the tail end of the vehicles tier for bikes. It would cost around 3/4 the price in materials as a bike does, and you can connect it to your bike - effectively slowing it to walk or job speed - but has 8 storage slots on it. Maybe some mods to add more storage or a tail light or something.

There is so much storage available in the game already.  More just makes is so you don't have to make any choices about what to carry.  Once you get better vehicles, you get a lot more space.  Especially the 4x4, though that is admittedly too much trouble to use with the huge damage everything does to it.  When you get a high quality drone and use cargo mods, it can carry a ton of stuff.  I know a lot of people use mods to get a ton of extra space but I just see that as removing any reason for the player to make decisions about what they loot.

Besides, you can place storage anywhere and come back to get the stuff later.  Just don't reset a POI that has a storage container placed within the POI's area.

22 hours ago, Riamus said:

There is so much storage available in the game already.  More just makes is so you don't have to make any choices about what to carry.  Once you get better vehicles, you get a lot more space.  Especially the 4x4, though that is admittedly too much trouble to use with the huge damage everything does to it.  When you get a high quality drone and use cargo mods, it can carry a ton of stuff.  I know a lot of people use mods to get a ton of extra space but I just see that as removing any reason for the player to make decisions about what they loot.

Besides, you can place storage anywhere and come back to get the stuff later.  Just don't reset a POI that has a storage container placed within the POI's area.

From a gameplay perspective i would prefer not having to think about what of the loot to bring home or not. I don't even look at the loot before pressing the get-all key (often i press it just in time that the loot box isn't even shown on screen).

I look at all that stuff when i am done with this POI... Or when the game forces me to do it by denying the loot-all-action because the inventory is full.

There is a sh|t ton of diverse loot in this game. And that's a good thing. I like hoarding stuff in video games. But the game often really doesn't want to let me carry even all the stuff i find in a single POI (scales with POI size as i get pocket mods while advancing to higher tiers). I don't like throwing away stuff in video games. I didn't like muling loot "back to town" to sell it in Diablo 2 either (was a completely different but great game by the way).

A reasonably leveled, specced and equipped player character should always be able to carry home all the loot of a single POI in a single go while still carrying a minimum set of support items including ammo, food and meds.

A bike trailer that slows the bike down even further (as if it wouldn't already feel nerfed enough in A21) isn't the solution for this.

More base inventory slots and more slots unlockable by pocket mods are. That's why all servers that aren't strictly pure vanilla have some server-side inventory enlargement mod installed.