7 Deadly Sins Overhaul Server - PEP, MPLogue & ZZTong Required - Insane Difficulty

Loboling

The Seven Deadly Sins Insane Difficulty - 21.2 - Launches 23/11/2023 (7pm EST)

Server Description below in next post.

The server requires custom poi packs for the map that it's on. Although the mods are all server side otherwise. This is a big overhaul and is only for veterans or people who like a challenge. Its a version of 7 Days to Die that plays more like an rpg for progression. There are high level zones and low level zones, same for pois. And the loot is based on these difficulties. 

Please download the following mods to come join us:
A21 PEP (POI Expansion Pack) V21
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3464
MPLogue's A21 Prefabs
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3436
ZZTong's Custom POIs (A21.2)
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1434

Download link for those without nexus mods account: 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dxox3cdgPMp2ax6eZ4gWq1_FAnuIpAEe?usp=sharing

Should look like this:
image.thumb.png.860ef6e0a299c3d519d150fc587f9ae4.png

You can find your App Data Folder by typing %AppData% in your file explorer. 

Edited by Loboling (see edit history)

• Loboling changed the title to 7 Deadly Sins Overhaul Server - No Mods Required - Insane Difficulty

Seven Deadly Sins

Introduction

Welcome to the Seven Deadly Sins, an overhaul mod that aims to encourage the player to explorer more of the map by substantially changing the risk vs reward scheme of the game. No more will leveling be the primary driver of progression. Instead, the player can choose to tackle the hardest areas from day 1 or prepare for as long as they want for that purpose. The game will feel more like an RPG where there are zones and areas far beyond what you can handle, and the poi tier and biome mean a lot more than the base game.

You’ll start your adventure in the Forest, a relatively tame region with limited challenges & opportunities. The loot in this region is poor, but the risks match the rewards. It’s a great place to relax, do some farming and gather supplies to eventually venture out into the harder regions.

From there, you can enter the Desert, which will pose a significant increase in difficulty, but allow you to finally access more advanced weaponry and armors. But beware, the weather can at times be unforgiving. During the day, zombie spawns are reduced, allowing you to enter this zone with less of a challenge, that is if you can survive the blistering sun or the acid fog that occasionally shows up.

Next, you’ll want to venture into the Snow biome, which is again another step up in challenge and rewards. Here, instead, the cold nights prevent the zombies from coming out in as great numbers, allowing the nights to be your best window to get good loot. But the acid fog is more dangerous here, as well as hypothermia which can easily kill you if unprepared.

Finally, you enter the Wasteland, an area that is an absolute nightmare. Here, radiation, acid fog and stark weather changes can make any survivor weep. But the greatest rewards come from the greatest challenges. So, if you’re willing to risk it all, you will find equipment that can rival your tenacity.

Each zone is outfitted with its own Boss that drops special equipment that greatly helps with venturing into the next zone. I’d say you need to look for them, but they will certainly come for you. But winning in these rare open world encounters will reward you with the best items from that zone.

Of course, this mod wouldn’t be called the Seven Deadly Sins for no reason. There are 7 obstacles that will try to wear you down and grind you into the dirt. You have an opportunity at the start of the game to align yourself with any of the Seven Sins, greatly reducing its burden on you. But the other sins will not be so forgiving…

The Seven Deadly Sins

The sin of Pride

Pride kept us from preparing for the end... But for those that choose to align with Pride. They were better prepared than most, hence their arrogance. Align yourself with Pride if you want to have an easier time maintaining your equipment.

The sin of Gluttony

Gluttony caused us to waste away all our precious resources until there was almost nothing left... Now, a few have everything. But they won't share it... Traders are now only open for 6 hours a day and don't offer item rewards for their quests. They won't even hold items for you overnight. And have become very difficult to do business with. Align yourself with Gluttony if you want to have an easier time getting essential supplies, like food and water.

The sin of Wrath

Mother nature hasn’t been too kind to humanity since its unfortunate departure from this world. Even the weather can be deadly, preventing you from reaching your destinations, even if you can get around all the undead… Now, overheating and freezing a real concern, and can even kill you if you aren’t careful.  There is equipment and traits to help you mitigate this obstacle. Align yourself with Wrath if you want to have an easier time getting protective equipment for the weather, to avoid freezing or burning to death.

The sin of Lust

Inside each zone there are horrible creatures wanting nothing more than to eat your flesh. Some of these are more voracious than others. Their desire for you is so strong is has mutated them into hideous monstrosities that can ruin anyone’s day. Only the forest boss is fairly tame, playing coy with you and teasing you, but never truly committing to the engagement. You’ll need to hunt these creatures down to get the best equipment, and they will hunt you down to get the best meat… Align yourself with Lust if you want to have a sample of what they have to offer.

The sin of Envy

The desire for what others have has blinded to you appreciate what you have. Each zone is lush with riches, but there’s always something better to get. Why settle for what you have, when you can go and take from others their riches. Each biome restricts what you can access in terms of loot, forcing you to always long for greener pastures. But be warned, sometimes you can bite off more than you can chew. Align yourself with Envy if you want an easier time traversing the land to find all the things you don’t have.

The sin of Sloth

Since the war, all the water just about is contaminated. From the fog, to the rain to the lakes, it's all toxic... It burns you're skin, when it's hard enough to keep the locals from chewing on it... Worst yet, the military mined up all the common roadways to try and slow the spread before they were overwhelmed... I'd avoid the roads if I was you. Align yourself with Sloth if you want to have some equipment that will help shelter you from the worst of this Acidification, and a useful tip on dealing with the mines. STARE DOWN.

The sin of Greed

The greed of man is what started this whole ordeal, thinking they could claim a swift victory, they bombed their enemies, but they didn’t take it sitting down. Nukes rained like fire in the sky and destroyed a significant portion of civilization in an instant. Sadly, the effects of the nuclear radiation still linger preventing people from returning to their own beautiful homes… Align yourself with Greed if you’re ready to risk it all to enter the wasteland early and see if you can capture the best this world has to offer.

Tips

You can always retreat to the Forest wilderness for some reprieve.

Avoid the roads as they have lots of land mines. 

Value every repair kit you find since they can’t be crafted.

Boss monsters drop gear that repairs with base materials.
Forest Boss: Loki, the Cowardly Tyrant
Desert Boss: Ophis, the Great Serpent
Snow Boss: Dyslexic doG, the Source of Death
Wasteland Boss: Chimera Dragon, the Abomination

All books & schematics can be scrapped to craft new books.

Traders are open from 12pm to 6pm.

Leveling is slowed down but rewards more skill points per level.

You start with 7 skill points to spend.

You have protection from the weather for the first level, so use that time to get to the Forest.

The Desert biome is safest during the day from zombies.

The Snow biome is safest at night from zombies.

Make sure to dress appropriately before entering the Desert, Snow & Wasteland.

You can no longer trait to be immune to weather conditions.

There are mods that help deal with the weather and acidification.

Fog starts to damage you above 12% acidification.

Each obstacle can be overcome with the right gear, traits, and strategy.

I’ve added some quality-of-life mods to help make the game more enjoyable.

The Forest boss is based on my dog who’s a scaredy cat.

The mod is Server Side, only the host needs to run it.

The mod is EAC compatible.

Special thanks to all the mod creators for:

A21-RWG-Plus
AcceleratedAnnihilation
Add Vanila Storage
Aid TheAfflicted
Alpha5TAG-SnowWater
Alpha5TAG-Ultimate Tools
Bagelshoes-A21Bookcase-main
Banshee Queen
Boid's Stealth Zombies
Cannabis Mod
Challenge Quests
Cheeze's Inez
ContrabandCollection
CTVI_1Core_Forged Bars_2.0.3
CTVI_3CORE_FOOD_1.0.1
CTVI_4CORE_DRINKS_1.0.1
CTVI SCORE MISCITEMS_1.0.0
CTVI_BETTER_VEHICLES
CTVI_DRUMMAGS_ALL_2.0.2
CTVI_FALLDAMAGE_ALL_1.0.1
CTVI FUELTANKS_ALL_1.0.1
CTVI GYRO
CTVI POWER
CTVI VEHICLEMODUPGRADES ALL_1.0.0
Custom-Blocks-Pack
Decreased Silencer Sound Distance
DefendTheSafehouse
Diamond RaidBoss
donovan-morebooks
donovan-wraith
dotvb - Combine
Doughs-Food-Sous ChefOfTheApocalypse
DW1982s Extra Dye Colors
Expanded Weapon Skillbook

As well as:

A21 PEP (POI Expansion Pack) V21

MPLogue's A21 Prefabs

ZZTong's Custom POIs (A21.2)
7d2d-useless-skills-main

Chimera Weapons
BFT2020_TraderMod
Craft Mega Crush
Danzo TotalNerfoftheTraders
Duriel's Larger Hordes x16
GK Snowberry Returns
Make Landmines Useful Again
Merged Dew Collectors - NoHeat
MLUA Patch
Pocket mod progression
RigonsMove_Speed_Rule1Cardio_A20
ZombieSilentDeathA21

Edited by Loboling (see edit history)

• Loboling changed the title to 7 Deadly Sins Overhaul Server - PEP, MPLogue & ZZTong Required - Insane Difficulty
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The server is still running. I should mention some tweaks have gone in to make the experience much more forgiving early game. However, it's still an extreme challenge mode. Me and my friends have finally beaten the forest and started to clear the desert. We are almost ready to start entering the snow biome. But we got our arses handed to us on our first time trying to enter. 😅

I hope you come join us, but beware the landmines. I strongly suggest just rolling sloth, to reduce the burden from them. They seem to be the biggest threat early game. 

ps: 7 points in perception and the land mines book and your damage taken from landmines you step on drops to 0. So the world becomes much safer. 

• 1 month later...

I just reset the server. It seems to be working again. Sorry, been caught up in a move, and I still don't have internet set up. -_-

Really glad to hear you're enjoying the experience. I put a lot of through into how I would like to change 7 days. There are a few small bugs, but I hope you have fun. 

Let me know if you ever beat the final boss in the Wasteland. =D

I have a bit of an update. This will be the final few days of the server. I've updated my first ever mod called Running Man for Alpha 21. I'm going to be posting it online in a couple of days and updating the server for the new mod. This mod completely flips the head on what Seven Deadly Sins aimed to do. Instead of a very dynamic long-term progression server, this mod focuses on action in the moment to moment. As always with my playthroughs, this will be a hard challenge for those brave enough to try it. 

I'm sorry to those who didn't feel like they got their fill of this mod. But after almost 200 days played (90 minute days) on the server, I believe it's time for a change. Plus, I defeated the dragon and got the best loot in the game, with my smg now dealing 424dmg per bullet, there's nothing that can challenge me, except maybe the other players. 

I'm grateful for those who participated and stuck with it through the difficulty. But if there's anything you want to try on the server before reset, do it now. I'll be available after work for the next few days if anyone wants to join me for a final outing into the wasteland. My smg is still only a level 4, wondering what the level 6 will feel like. So I'm still planning on hunting a few more Dragons before the reset, to see if I can get an upgrade.

Expect an announcement this week, when I'm confident the mod is ready for public release. I plan on posting footage from the new Running Man onto my new gaming channel, so for those who are curious, I'll post the video here as well. 

See you out there, and good luck survivors. XD

So a follow up to my previous post. Here is the intro video for the Running Man V2 Challenge. Server will be launching Thursday night (15th), 9pm EST. I'm going to make an announcement post with more details.

Thanks again for those who participated in the Seven Deadly Sins. I hope to see even more engagement for the Running Man. This will not require any download for the client, for those who join. EAC enabled, and vanilla files will do just fine. Good luck and keep moving survivors.