Dedicated server respawning trees and sorts when re-joining?

My friend set up a dedicated server installed by steamcmd, we're running a randomly generated map btw.

We've had issues when joining the server and trees we've cut down have respawned, also when I joined when my friend was on, zombies respawned in his POI he just cleared.

Not sure what's happening, my guy did nothing out of the ordinary - what settings or whatevers can we look out for to fix this? Thanks

Edit: Also a tree spawned on one of our chests (was a wood frame building in the open, no roof) , and the tree turned into a chest! It's all desynced and a bit buggy so far :(

Edited by HawaiiZombieShirt (see edit history)

Also it's worth mentioning our starting 'building' that I made which features the respawning tree, is just on the opposite side of the road of the first Trader.

If I recall, the outside zone of the trader had a small radius of 'ding ding' landclaim style protection, but I've noticed in my A21 playthrough it doesn't seem to be as aggressive on the outside. Could it be that the safe zone is still active on game-load, but somehow we're able to destroy trees and such within this boundary...hence the respawning?

I'm able to partially destroy stuff like bricks and objects to test if their HP goes back to 100% on server reload, but they seems to keep when I join the game. So I think it might be weird cause we built so close to the trader?

Are you using the new chunk reset timer?  It may be that this is buggy.  Try disabling it and see if the problem still occurs.  If it does, then it is something else.  If not, then that's probably the issue.

In either case, post a full bug report with log (include both server and personal logs) as described in the sticky post.  Without a log, everything is guesswork.

For best results, include logs from the session before it reset and logs from the session where it was reset.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)