Day 14 horde. Finished at 00hr (or 01), quit game, reopened and the horde started again?

SenLim

Yup, it's a feature. If you don't want the next round of horde night, wait 'til 4 am before logging out.

I think it's for server play.. players joining in after the 2200 start are given a horde, and you can't avoid fighting one simply by relogging from 2159 to 2201. Sure, keeping track of individual players _might_ be possible, but this way there's no need for that... :)

Heh.  This has caught me twice.  Once was before I even knew about it and the second after a particularly bad horde night and I wasn't thinking and quit.  That one was actually very strange (it was in A20) because after logging in the next day and horde night starting up again, I realized everything that was looted after completing horde night was gone and so I had no ammo for the next round of horde night (about 2 hours).  I managed to survive but I didn't kill much for 2 hours because I had to do melee and that meant a lot of running to avoid being surrounded.  It was an interesting experience but not one I'd want to do again.