Perk Books But Less Aneurysm Inducing

tast

I have played 7 Days to Die for a total of 70 hours (on PC), yet I've only completed a total of 6 sets of perk books across two solo worlds. It's either my bad luck, or a slight flaw in the game. A solution to this problem would be to reduce the probability of finding the same volume over and over again. For example if you were to read volume 1 a second time (or second, third, forth, etc.) it would reduce the probability to find it again in loot as opposed to other volumes of the series. I don't know how the looting system works on a technical level, but it'd be really cool not crying myself to sleep every time I see volume 5 of Tech Junkie in particular for no particular reason. Also it would be nice if traders sold you a different volume than the ones you've already read as well, though I'm unsure how that'd work in a multiplayer world.

spacer.png A bit of incentive.

Edited by tast (see edit history)

You could try something like they did with the crafting magazines, except in reverse.  When you read the book, it modifies the chances to find another in loot less likely.  Haven’t done it myself, but that is the route I would first try.  However, each book would need an unique tag (for example, bookHunter1, bookHunter2) so that specific book would get the probability modifier only applied to it.