Armor and the lack of usefulness

Merkreus

So, my question is to the Fun Pimps - was it/is it your intention of making armor useless?  Im rocking all t6 steel armor with mods(armor mod +2) and yet 1 dog, or 1 vulture, or 1 regular zombie(take your pick) that hits me, I have a major laceration plus I get infected and stunned. With vultures and sometimes dogs I get a fracture/sprain on same hit.  Why is this possible?  What happen to the part that I mentioned Im wearing steel armor that should make it difficult to get hammered so bad?  For context, Im playing on the level below default.

I'm guessing it's mostly a bug. The design has changed, and nothing is really balanced right now. Balance fixes will flow in over the next half a year...

There also seems to be plenty of regression bugs each Alpha, stuff that they've corrected to a previous patch but haven't taken up into their main branch. A little annoying, but not unusual.

Vultures have a higher than normal chance to cause these debuffs and I think dogs are similar.  Regular zombies shouldn't cause them too often with steel armor and lower difficulty unless you are hit multiple times in a row.  Each hit in a short time will increase the chances to get debuffs.  If it is the first hit that is causing these, it may be a bug.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

If you watched World War Z, Gerry was able to avoid being bit by ... a wad of book duct taped to his arm.

I'd think STEEL should make you pretty much immune to infection (from bite/scratch, not pukes from cop).