Multiple dedicated servers on single server box.

kenk

I have a dedicated server running on a windows box at home, I would like to create a new instance of dedicated server, but I could use a bit of help.

I know I can run steamcmd and force a different directory for the new instance, and change the connection port in the server config file.

What I am concerned about is I see saves and such created in C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

Will these files in the get mixed up and cause problems for a new instance? is there a way to specify these saves go to a different directory.

Anyone with previous experience in this area, I would appreciate some advice.

The answer is right in your config file for the server.

Line 43 and 44...

<!-- <property name="UserDataFolder"				value="absolute path" /> -->	<!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
	<!-- <property name="SaveGameFolder"				value="absolute path" /> -->	<!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

Just edit that for each server so it has it's own folder. 

For example, we run about eight 7 Days servers. I'll pick Zed Rising and Dead Island.

Config for Zed Rising.

<property name="UserDataFolder"				value="D:\Saves\Zed Rising" />	<!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
	<property name="SaveGameFolder"				value="D:\Saves\Zed Rising" />	<!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

Then for Dead Island

<property name="UserDataFolder"				value="D:\Saves\Dead Island" />	<!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
	<property name="SaveGameFolder"				value="D:\Saves\Dead Island" />	<!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

In your case, you would need to move the files from AppData to the new location for the first server, or just leave it as it is, and set the custom path for only the second.

I also recommend a spacing of 10 ports for the servers. First server uses 26900-26903, then you can put the web console on 26905, telnet on 26906, and 26907-26909 are free for API mods to use. Then 26910 will be your next server. 
Out gaming group uses this method, and is currently hosting around 25 different game servers.