Raining through the roof - still.

Old Crow

18 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I've just made a habit of checking all the bugs in the A21 section since, from my experience, not all bugs reported make it into the Google doc for some reason (dunno why, I did ask one staff recently about it but haven't heard back). You can use the search bar on the top right and select the THIRD "records" in the dropdown to filter your search and it will only look for posts in the A21 Bugs section (Don't pick the other two because that will search the old A19 and A20 bug section)

1jx4hqo.png

One possible explanation I could think of is if a bug is in the current experimental, but fixed in later internal builds that aren't released yet, then perhaps that is why it's not on the Google Doc.

I did a mouse-over of the search bar but a "Records" pull-down did not appear.  Which browser are you using?  I am using the latest official build of Firefox, but my security preferences and anti-malware extensions may be causing me not to see some buttons and other site features.

I can use Chrome, Edge, or Opera for browsing and interacting with the 7Days forum if that is what it takes to be able to view the site as SylenThunder and the other mods do.

17 minutes ago, mprojekt said:

I did a mouse-over of the search bar but a "Records" pull-down did not appear.  Which browser are you using?  I am using the latest official build of Firefox, but my security preferences and anti-malware extensions may be causing me not to see some buttons and other site features.

I can use Chrome, Edge, or Opera for browsing and interacting with the 7Days forum if that is what it takes to be able to view the site as SylenThunder and the other mods do.

If you're in the bug section, Records should be default, so even if you don't have the dropdown menu, you should be fine for searching.

As far as that GoogleDoc goes.... why in the world are they using something like that instead of an actual bug tracker?  I mean, if they were in the first 6 months of starting to make their first game, then maybe I could see that being used but after close to 10 years, they should be using a real bug tracker instead.  It makes searching far easier.

13 minutes ago, Riamus said:

If you're in the bug section, Records should be default, so even if you don't have the dropdown menu, you should be fine for searching.

As far as that GoogleDoc goes.... why in the world are they using something like that instead of an actual bug tracker?  I mean, if they were in the first 6 months of starting to make their first game, then maybe I could see that being used but after close to 10 years, they should be using a real bug tracker instead.  It makes searching far easier.

Unscientific, wild-assed guess: Maybe they do so, internally, and the GoogleDoc is only intended for us?

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

Maybe, but most real bug trackers have an external (public) view available.

This is true. Before I retired, my last employer used a bug tracker that allowed external viewing so our automotive partners could easily see what issues affected them, and we were able to segregate their view based on which automaker they worked for. As I understand it, all the providers we talked to, before settling on one, offered that capability, and much more besides.

1 hour ago, mprojekt said:

I'm also using Firefox, so I'm not sure 😕  but as Riamus mentioned if you're already in the A21 section it will automatically apply that filter in the search bar

45 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I believe they use Jira for internal bug tracking, which if you are using the cloud version, after a certain number of users, they have to pay licensing per user. I had another game that I played that tried making Jira available to the public for tracking purposes but to cut costs due to Jira's licensing model they would automatically disable accounts if you don't log in after 30 days and you'd have to contact someone to get access back 😕 (they ended up switching to another platform for bugs in the end).

Not saying that this is the reason, but just sharing my experiences with Jira :)

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I'm also using Firefox, so I'm not sure 😕  but as Riamus mentioned if you're already in the A21 section it will automatically apply that filter in the search bar

I believe they use Jira for internal bug tracking, which if you are using the cloud version, after a certain number of users, they have to pay licensing per user. I had another game that I played that tried making Jira available to the public for tracking purposes but to cut costs due to Jira's licensing model they would automatically disable accounts if you don't log in after 30 days and you'd have to contact someone to get access back 😕 (they ended up switching to another platform for bugs in the end).

There could be other reasons though, I'm just guessing here :)

We were transitioning away from Jira because the licensing costs. I don't know what my former employer settled on, as I exited before anything was finalized, but I do know that our partners all wished to add all of their software engineers, PM's, UX, and etc. My boss spit out his coffee, and the piece of bagel he was munching, when he found out the requirement to include over four hundred people, from six different automakers, was non-negotiable.

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)