help with prefab editor power

wolfnet18

Hi guys, i'm trying to figure this out in the prefab editor and i'm not sure if there's potentially a setting i need to adjust in the xml or something but:

Solar power will not connect to anything in the prefab generator and,

when you exit and relaunch editor, all existing wires are disconnected from battery/generators and relays.

Is there a way to fix the solar, and stop the wires from all disconnecting? I'm using this for a secret room in a trader base that powers a trigger plate for 2 seconds to allow the player to get back out once they find the way in, so it only needs like 10watts of power, unless of course there's a way to do it perma-without power. I dont want to use the trigger switch because once used it's just always open. Thanks!!!

I don't think you can wire anything in the Prefab Editor. As far as I know, electricity is not supported in POIs. I think electricity is a player-only game-time feature. There can also be problems associated with using some of those blocks that are intended for the player in a POI.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

You can power things without wires in a POI but the player will not be able to make use of the items for their own powered uses.

If you happen to be trying to make a base design or something like that, you can set everything up unwired and then add it to your game and wire it in the game.  But as zztong said, there can be problems with certain things so you'll need to experiment to see what works for your needs.