fall through the ground

Rollo

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

There may be two possible workarounds to your situation right now:

1) Ask the server operator of the server you want to use to play a pregen map. Probably not possible if the operator isn't a good friend and the world hasn't started only recently.

2) Ask the server operator or another player of that world to send you the RWG world data. That needs a file hoster or sharing service, a 10k world for example is about 440Mbytes. Then drop this world on your PC in place where it would normally be downloaded from the server. One of the pinned threads in "General Support" has the location listed, or ask around. If the location is correct your client will not try to download the world.

to 1) since too many players are already playing here on the server, the operator cannot set up the server again in this situation.
to 2) i got the data of the map from one of the players and copied it into my folder, but after i logged in and walked a few meters, i fell through the ground again.

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

to 1) since too many players are already playing here on the server, the operator cannot set up the server again in this situation.
to 2) i got the data of the map from one of the players and copied it into my folder, but after i logged in and walked a few meters, i fell through the ground again.

Strange, there should be no difference between that world and a pregen, except the location where it is stored.

My first thought was that your virus scanner might interfere, but why should it interfere with reading? Still, make sure you have exceptions for all directories used by 7d2d in your virus scanner.

26 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Strange, there should be no difference between that world and a pregen, except the location where it is stored.

My first thought was that your virus scanner might interfere, but why should it interfere with reading? Still, make sure you have exceptions for all directories used by 7d2d in your virus scanner.

I only have microsoft defender. but it can't be because i can play on some servers.

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

I only have microsoft defender. but it can't be because i can play on some servers.

Sure, but maybe those servers use pregen. Pregen world files are directly stored inside the programs folder, while generated worlds are stored below Appdata/Roaming

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Sure, but maybe those servers use pregen. Pregen world files are directly stored inside the programs folder, while generated worlds are stored below Appdata/Roaming

I have excluded all relevant folders from the virus scanner, but the error persists. I am despairing.

7 hours ago, Rollo said:

the operator of the sever on which i can play explained to me that he had allowed all internet connections in the settings. also the connection via ds-lite. is that correct?

He probably meant litenetlib AND steamnetworking. At default steamnetworking is disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 5:06 PM, rayen said:

HI, i have the same Problems. Have u fixed it?

Greetings

Fu..., 

i ask my provider, he sag i have to use a vpn software, without the cant switch to ipv4 :(

I got a good tip. and it was the solution. in the game options, under the general section, set the setting: network workaround to on.