Xample Markers Web Mod

ZamiZ

I have a vanilla server running A21 to test it out, and set up the integrated web server. There is an Xample Markers mod also shipped with the dedicated server and I honestly can't figure out how to use it. The map shows some markers on the web map, but no info on the markers. Anyone point me in the direction on how to use this web mod please?

So I think I have figured out some of it, but I still need help please. I am NOT using Alloc's Server Fixes that you download. This is strictly what is shipped with the dedicated server in the Mods folder. No other mods or installs on the server.

I set up my permissions as below so that only admin can access the console but the map is public.

<webmodules>
    <module name="web.map" permission_level="2000" />
    <module name="webapi.Command" permission_level="0">
      <method name="GET" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="POST" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="PUT" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="DELETE" permission_level="inherit" />
    </module>
  </webmodules>

I am assuming this means the settings screen are also permission level 0 only as I only see them when I login to the webpage. I am not sure if there is a webmodule setting just for the settings screen so I can let mods see it but nothing else.

So my screen for the web mod now looks like below. I can see the 5 random map markers made at initial load and create markers, but I cannot figure out how to edit or delete them. I can check one of the check boxes, but no option to delete or edit comes up. Right clicking gives the regular browser right click menu. What am I missing to be able to edit and delete markers?
Edit: Double clicking on the coordinate box will let you edit it or delete the coordinate, but not the full marker itself.
Edit2: Deleting the coordinate is only good while on that page. Going back to the map does not delete the marker and the coordinates return to normal on return to the settings page. Changing the coordinates work to move it.

image.thumb.png.ae1b009dd783d4a2e64ddfaf296cc379.png

Can anyone send me to documentation for this please? I haven't been able to find any documentation for any of this outside of the original Alloc's Server Fixes site and posts here about how to set up the permissions in the serveradmin.xml file.

Edited by ZamiZ (see edit history)

You should not read too much into that mod. It's purely meant as an example on how to add something new to the dashboard (still need to make the source publicly available).

Other than that you basically found out everything about it:

- It creates five random markers at load time

- You can add new ones with the boxes above the list

- You can edit existing ones by double clicking the coordinate cells

- You can delete existing ones by selecting a row and pressing the delete key

When I put in co-ords into the boxes (which for some reason I have to do one digit at a time clicking the box after each digit) it creates a marker in the wrong spot. Not a big issue, I realise this is a proof of concept/wip

Thanks for reporting the input box bug, might also affect other things so good to know.

Tried reproducing it being in the wrong spot but for me it works fine, placing the marker correctly. When you say it creates it in the wrong spot, did it show correctly in the table or was that showing the wrong spot too?