things I hoped to see in Alpha 21

PoppaSmirk

I have seen that some were looking for a Bandits and or NPC's update, and while that didn't happen,  I was thrilled for the new look of the MANY updated items within the game environment.  The new doors are lovely, the new Workstations are stunning, even the campfire has a great look to it.  POI locations make the Game World feel so much more like an apocalypse scenario is being played out, and little hints of other things that 'may' come (like the Helipads added into every Trader POI) give a HUGE boost to aesthetics of the world.

We did finally get some additional artwork to place on the walls, (something that was greatly overdue), and a bit more variety in craftable furnishings.   I haven't yet had a chance to see if any new Paint textures were added,  but I sincerely hoped to see at least a half dozen that could be used for floor and wall textures.

But the topic of this thread is:  Things I hoped to see in Alpha 21

1:  Bandits and or more NPC interactions.  Lots of speculation on adding Bandits but I had ideas of how I hoped that might be handled.  This is My idea for such a Bandit encounter:

I had hoped for a random chance to come across a group of 3-6 surly characters that might confront My hero,  either in wanting to get ...tribute (food or ammo...or dukes).  If the Player didn't have such on them,  or simply not inclined to give such tribute then a combat might immediately ensue.  The outcome being that if the Players dies during such a combat that the normal settings for the game would be nullified and the Player would re-spawn with everything gone.  If the Player would agree to pay the tribute but chose an option that they didn't have such items on them,  the Bandits might agree to give the player one or two days to come up with the payoff (with an added fee of 20% more tribute than the original demand)  and leave it in a designated location.  At that point the conversation would become a quest of sorts,  with a timer until the payoff was due to be placed at the dropoff point.   IF the Player makes the drop off of all the items demanded then that encounter is done.  If the Player doesn't drop off the tribute on time,  then that quest fails and a notice pops up that the Player is now being hunted by the Bandits, and they would start to zero in on the Players location,  much faster if the Player engages in loud activities (firing weapons, mining, etc).  If the Player does give the tribute then there is no chance to come across the Bandits for at least 10 Game Days.

NPC interaction.  While simple I did hope for one or two random NPC's to be placed within the game world,  just to add some little bit of variety to the gameplay.  One idea was to place an encounter with an older NPC that is trying to eke out a livelihood in a secluded setting but they need to restock on medical supplies but they "don't move so well anymore and could use a hand to get stocked up".  I know that most Gamers will say they despise 'Fetch' quests but this one could have some "feel good vibes" that Players don't get in doing Trader Missions.  The reward for completing such might be a pile of supplies (food, with some random tools, plus some dukes or, a pay out in silver and gold nuggets the NPC collected back when they could go mining).   This wouldn't be something that was repeatable,  but the NPC could have some friendly lines to speak if the Player comes back to visit at a later date.

2:  This one combines an NPC Interaction with the addition of something I really did hope to see in Alpha21.  A new food type..  Here is the reasoning behind this one.  When Alpha 20 came out and Trader Rekt got his nice Trader POI, one thing I noticed after a few days was that the lootable bins that normally carry some dead flesh or vegetables, or seeds, one of those bins had the name of..."apple bin" or some such.  This got My hopes up that The Game might soon see the introduction of APPLES into the Game world.  After months of no updates adding apples, I thought that I might see them make an appearance in Alpha21.  So I came up with an idea to have a chance encounter with a wandering NPC who offers something he considers precious.....in return for the Players doing the NPC a good deed, the reward might be ....4 apple tree seedlings.  Nurtured with love and kept in an isolated location. If the Player decides to ambush the NPC then they obviously don't get the location of the reward.  But they find two apples in the NPC possessions that hint at what might have been.

3.  Introduction of a single , unique item into the Game World.  I thought having in one of the Tier 5 Poi's,  a great idea to stimulate questing would be to have a one of its kind item,  possibly a "mechanized bellows" to add to a forge that would increase production speed of items in the forge that had it installed, instead of the normal 50% increase, the mechanized bellows would allow smelting to be 70% faster.  Definitely not game breaking but something that every player might feel inspired to seek out.  Of course the "mechanized bellows"  wouldn't be an item that was craftable, and not in the loot tables for Traders. 

So thats a few of the type of things I had hoped to see in Alpha21.

What things did you hope to see added?