Water Filters at Certain POIs & On Science-Adjacent Zombies

[If water filters continue to be "expensive" or a rare loot drop, as a few others have experienced, perhaps a mod will help them. There are POIs that would have had water filters before the End of the World(tm). So...] It makes sense to me that water filters might be loot we can find at pharmacies, Costco, Walmart, Target, Army/Navy surplus stores, hospitals, laboratories, prepper/survivalist homes, FEMA camps, military bases, municipal water and sewer facilities, or even, in rare circumstances, carried by certain "science-adjacent" zombies (haz-mat, lab-coat, nurse).

Maybe someone in our lovely modding community can whip-up a proper mod to do this? I cannot, in good conscience, make a mod for anyone else. Any mod made by me stands a good chance of breaking someone else's game or result in, "...cats and dogs living together; mass hysteria!"

[My own experience in A21, as of 20June2023, has been very beverage-friendly. My success rate with broken dew collectors has been 2 filters out of 5 broken dew collectors. The loot.xml file entry for the dew collector has the "loot_prob_template" value for "resourceWaterFilter" as being "very low," so I am guessing that RNGeesus seems to love me.]

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, mprojekt said:

It makes sense to me that water filters might be loot we can find at pharmacies, Costco, Walmart, Target, Army/Navy surplus stores, hospitals, laboratories, prepper/survivalist homes, FEMA camps, military bases, municipal water and sewer facilities, or even, in rare circumstances, carried by certain "science-adjacent" zombies (haz-mat, lab-coat, nurse).

Maybe someone in our lovely modding community can whip-up a proper mod to do this? I cannot, in good conscience, make a mod for anyone else. Any mod made by me stands a good chance of breaking someone else's game or result in, "...cats and dogs living together; mass hysteria!"

There are vanilla pois with broken dew collectors there is a chance to find a filter in that 

15 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

There are vanilla pois with broken dew collectors there is a chance to find a filter in that 

That is how I got my first filter, TBH. Finding water hasn't been difficult, for me, and I'm already on my 4th dew collector. Two filters were looted, one awarded by Trader Jen, and one that I bought.

My suggestion comes after seeing the vocal complaints and rage from other players, both here and on Steam. "They" claim that many people are unable to find filters, unable to afford the Dukes, unable to loot enough hydration for their group, and that many seem to be dying of dehydration before they could get a trader-reward filter.

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, mprojekt said:

That is how I got my first filter, TBH. Finding water hasn't been difficult, for me, and I'm already on my 4th dew collector. Two filters were looted, one awarded by Trader Jen, and one that I bought.

My suggestion comes after seeing the vocal complaints and rage from other players, both here and on Steam. "They" claim that many people are unable to find filters, unable to afford the Dukes, unable to loot enough hydration for their group, and that many seem to be dying of dehydration before they could get a trader-reward filter.

Argh yeh always those that don't wannna try it and give it  a go.  Never had an issue n with water either way better the jars are gone now as now I don't have 30k jars sitting there clogging .

I can get a filter by day 1  day 2 as I sell everything loot everything so yeh as you say it isn't hard