Simple modlet to modify a menu entry?

I'm trying to write a modlet for A21 that adds a few more options to the new game menu where you select the day length, which maxes at 120min by default. I want to modify those options and add three more to the end of the list but have never modded a file in a sub-folder of the configs folder. It's been two years since I touched this as well, and am rusty. How can I access that in a basic XML modlet?

To be clear, I want to modify the following line in my mod. This line is in Data/Config/XUi_Menu/windows.xml on my A21 install.

<gameoption name="DayNightLength" title="goDayLength" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goMinute" />

I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post in discussion, not tutorials. I assume a mod can fix that? (=

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth
Added code (see edit history)

I totally understand about not copying someone else's code, but it's really not coding. It's 2 xpath statements and not really any other way to write them. It's just knowing how to form the xpath statement so it changes the right values.