The 100th guy to ask this

Is there ANY way to add your own seamless textures to the paint selector? Or at least a mod that has more textures. I am getting that tiled pattern thing on my rooftop and it looks horrendous.

Even a flat color would be better. Like white, green whatever, but I cannot find a flat color in the paint selector.

And if TFP allow amazing mods to be made (grateful for that) for the game, why lock the paint-able textures to just what they add, It does not make sense to me.

Sorry for being the 100th guy to ask this.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

I believe that you can't add textures using that mod, you can only replace textures.

The reason is because the index into the texture array is kept in the block data. The number of bits used for the texture array index is not enough to reference more textures than is already in the game. So even if you add textures to the array, the block can't display them, because the index will be too large to fit.

However - I'm basing this purely off of what someone in TFP said in one of the developer diaries (I think it was Faatal but don't remember for sure). Perhaps I misunderstood them, or things has changed since they said that, or maybe my memory is flat-out false.

@ocbMaurice You are the author of that mod. Can you answer this? I looked at your code, but I don't have enough knowledge about the game's texture code to know the answer.