Lost my Base and Resources to a Chunk reset…

Foefii

Well as mentioned in the title, my game (Xbox Series X - Game Version 1.0.18.0) crashed and when i reloaded it it spawned me on a resetted chunk…

My friend and I are settled in a Prison POI and had our entire Resource Chests in this chunk, so everything is gone…. The game crashes literally twice ever ingame day but it so far has only reset chunks 3 times (from what we know)…

Why does it crash all the time?

How do i prevent it?

How could i make Backups?

When is there gonna be an Update?

Follow the links in big bright red for information about future updates. Basically the xbox version was a licenced port done by a different company that went bankrupt and left a released aka finished game that still should have got some after-release-patches. It has not much in common anymore with the PC version and can not ever be updated for multiple reasons. A new console port is in production but will very likely only run on the current consoles. The hardware of the old consoles is simply too old and weak for a voxel game of this "size" (voxel games need a lot more power and data throughput than conventional games for the same graphics fidelity)

Especially the xbox version had a serious problem which was called the md5 error. Solutions are discussed here: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4343-possible-work-around-solution-to-md5-error

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)