Can you change zombie damage with a buff?

calaverinha

I've tried using <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_set" value="@roll"/>, applied to the zombie, with @roll being 0 or 1. But this does nothing. I only see damage change with .xml files, but I don't want that. I want something like a blind debuff, with x% change for zombie missing the attack. My original logic was this:

<effect_group>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="roll" operation="set" value="1"/>
	<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="15"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="roll" operation="set" value="0"/>
</effect_group>
<effect_group>
	<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_set" value="@roll"/>
</effect_group>

Edited by calaverinha (see edit history)

Maybe something like this?

(Untested)

<effect_group name="hit_rating">
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionStart" action="ModifyCVar" target="self" cvar="hit_rating" operation="set" value="randomint(0,100)"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionStart" action="ModifyCVar" target="self" cvar="hit_rating" operation="set" value="randomint(0,100)"/>
</effect_group>

<effect_group name="hit_chance">
	<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="hit_rating" operation="LTE" value="25"/>
		<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-5"/>		
</effect_group>

The idea is, only when the entity with the buff begins their attack, their hit_rating will change between 0 and 100.

Then the requirement tag checks if hit_rating is below 25, then sets the EntityDamage to -500% (which should be 0 damage).

Whatever value you set for the requirement will be the % chance of a miss, so in my code, it is a 25% chance to miss.

- If you want 15%, you'd change the 25 to 15

- If you want 75%, you'd change the 25 to 75

One issue that comes to mind with my method, is you'll still be getting hit, just with 0 damage taken, this is bad because Im thinking you can still be inflicted with debuffs, like CriticalHitsDebuffs, Bleeding, Concussion, etc