more audible cues?

TimmE

1. we need more sound notifications. like how does a hog sneak up on me and hit me instantly 2x in a row? i mean within one second it hit me twice and i never heard or seen it till it was behind me. kind of dumb
  2. like at least add sound to him running? cause they are not quiet when they run 
    im all good with the stealthy zombies but things like this are so dmb

On 12/5/2022 at 2:38 AM, TimmE said:
  1. we need more sound notifications. like how does a hog sneak up on me and hit me instantly 2x in a row? i mean within one second it hit me twice and i never heard or seen it till it was behind me. kind of dumb
  2. like at least add sound to him running? cause they are not quiet when they run 
    im all good with the stealthy zombies but things like this are so dmb

lolz. Not every danger is gonna anounce itself before inflicting damage on your poorly defended character. Pigs and dogs will rip you a new one very quickly and with little warning. It's not dumb, its how it works. (insert Roland knuckle rub here) 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 1:01 AM, Melange said:

lolz. Not every danger is gonna anounce itself before inflicting damage on your poorly defended character. Pigs and dogs will rip you a new one very quickly and with little warning. It's not dumb, its how it works. (insert Roland knuckle rub here) 🙂

actually it is quite "dumb" should atleast be able to hear animals i can understand sneaky zombies but i should be able to hear a big fat pig walking

I don't know about wild boars. Like you say, they're probably not going to be sneaky, but videos do portray them as being pretty fast and tough, killing a couple of people a year. I wouldn't expect them to be quiet, but also not super loud either. But, I did a little searching and found comments from a person who has encountered them a number of times while hiking. They said wild boars were generally noisy in their normal routine and usually pretty easy to avoid, but they did get surprised by a pair of them once and was fortunate that they retreated. At this point, I don't know what to think. I've been okay with the TFP implementation.

Its mountain lions that I'd like to see worked on. Real mountain lions like to stalk and ambush. I wouldn't expect a mountain lion to make much noise. Rather than roam randomly around the snow biome I'd like to see them hide in the cover under the snowy pine trees and wait for a player (or zombie) to get near before they pounced. I wonder if that's some AI that could be codified.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)