Installed Darkness Falls on my dedicated server and receiving an error.....

azmothman

Hello Modders :-)

I have played the vanilla version of 7DTD for a LONG time, ever since 7DTD first came out many moons ago at this stage I really would like to play some of the fantastic mods that I keep reading about such as Darkness Falls. 

I am in no way a mod expert but a newbie in this category but in all of my Google and/or YouTube searches I thought I had followed everything correctly in installing this mod but I hope someone will be able to give me a nudge in the right direction. In any regard thank you for your time and assistance. 

So I am running my own physical dedicated server, that is running Windows and I have the following  applications installed:

• Steam
  • 7DTD installed using build 20.6
  • 7DTD Mod Launcher
  • Darkness Falls

After the mod was cleanly installed, I edited the serverconfig.xml file. In editing the serverconfig.xml I  further indicated:  disabled the EAC,  Defined the Game Name as "Darkness Falls" and Game World as "DFalls-Large1-NoCP", after which I  launched the startdedicated.bat which starts my 7DTD Darkness Falls server correctly. 

At this point I go to my PC, verify that my local 7DTD client is running the same build (20.6) and launched 7DTD with the EAC disabled as well. When I go to join then I see my server but after selecting it then I am receiving this error "Unexpected data received. Server is either running an incompatible version or requires the client to install mods". 

Thank you again!

Rick

7DTD DF error.png

3 hours ago, azmothman said:

Hello Modders 🙂

I have played the vanilla version of 7DTD for a LONG time, ever since 7DTD first came out many moons ago at this stage I really would like to play some of the fantastic mods that I keep reading about such as Darkness Falls. 

I am in no way a mod expert but a newbie in this category but in all of my Google and/or YouTube searches I thought I had followed everything correctly in installing this mod but I hope someone will be able to give me a nudge in the right direction. In any regard thank you for your time and assistance. 

So I am running my own physical dedicated server, that is running Windows and I have the following  applications installed:

• Steam
  • 7DTD installed using build 20.6
  • 7DTD Mod Launcher
  • Darkness Falls

After the mod was cleanly installed, I edited the serverconfig.xml file. In editing the serverconfig.xml I  further indicated:  disabled the EAC,  Defined the Game Name as "Darkness Falls" and Game World as "DFalls-Large1-NoCP", after which I  launched the startdedicated.bat which starts my 7DTD Darkness Falls server correctly. 

At this point I go to my PC, verify that my local 7DTD client is running the same build (20.6) and launched 7DTD with the EAC disabled as well. When I go to join then I see my server but after selecting it then I am receiving this error "Unexpected data received. Server is either running an incompatible version or requires the client to install mods". 

Thank you again!

Rick

7DTD DF error.png

You have to Install DF on Client Side to.