Junk Turret advancement?

Zerginfestor

Was just thinking about junk turrets, how, at least other weapons, they have their own advancement system to better weapons (Pipe shotgun to double barrel to pump, to auto, a Baton to stun baton, etc.) and that junk turrets/sledge turrets could have their own advancement as well, such as turning them into a mobile turret with treads, and the finally hover, so a more focus on them via mobility. OR, if we wanna keep them as a immobile turret setup, a visual change of it being more refined and less trash-looking until it looks more like a military-esque turret with armor, more accuracy, ammo, damage, etc. I personally think the mobility form of advancement would be far superior, especially for a sledge turret.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

The drone is their higher tier. It originally was supposed to fight for you, but for now at least it seems they scrapped that idea. You can even see where it had a weapon mod and a stun weapon mod in the xml files.

You mean "was" their higher tier, It seems they want to keep it as a support unit, which is fine...I guess? But I still think the turrets could use an advancement tier. Or bring back the idea and allow further modifications on said drone, perhaps changing it to a turret class so it follows the same rules instead of being the exception (2 drones only, can't have turrets and drones out unless it's 1/1, etc.)