How to make concrete blocks

zootal

1) Create chipboard block

2) Upgrade to wood block

3) Upgrade to brick block

4) Upgrade to concrete block

We used to be able to make concrete blocks in the mixer. Is this the new block hierarchy and really what you have to go through to get a concrete block?

(one of the) reasons I ask is I'm building a structure with a couple thousand blocks, and have to manually upgrade each of them to concrete is not something I want to have to do...

Ya can queue them up in a workbench with the concrete mix in your inventory. also craft them in your backpack. I for one kinda like the xp by upgrading the blocks. Now, at a thousand or more, in an SP build?  Creative mode would be most tempting...

Got it. Concrete shapes. I didn't see that. Tyvm!

I dug a 5x5 ditch around my house. Line with concrete blocks and spikes. Takes time but I enjoy doing so. I'm guessing about 2500 blocks. I have a few other players doing the same thing. I know, we are weird, but it's what we like doing :)

7 minutes ago, zootal said:

Got it. Concrete shapes. I didn't see that. Tyvm!

I dug a 5x5 ditch around my house. Line with concrete blocks and spikes. Takes time but I enjoy doing so. I'm guessing about 2500 blocks. I have a few other players doing the same thing. I know, we are weird, but it's what we like doing :)

good luck with the 5x5. i use 3x3 spike lined trenches and find them barely maintainable in being able to repair and replace the spikes. Access to the bottom of a 5x5 would be problematic. But it looks cool, for sure. I don't bother lining mine with anything but a single layer of spikes. Have fun!

Edited by Melange (see edit history)