Suddenly unable to join game, stuck on "Creating Player"

Log #1: https://pastebin.com/kZdQPLV1

Log #2: https://pastebin.com/LASMySyA

As per the title I have been unable to join a particular MP game. The game map and other data will load but I will never progress past "Creating player" on the loading screen.

The longest I let it sit for was about 13 minutes before I closed the game. Other players on the server at the time informed me that the chat log shows me joining and disconnecting from the server.

I have been able to join the server previously without issue, and as far as I am aware nothing changed between the last time I successfully joined and the first time I unsuccessfully joined.

I have been unable to join the latest version of the world when hosted on the server or P2P. I was unable to join even when my player data was deleted.

I have been able to join an earlier version of the world both hosted and P2P. I have also been able to join other worlds hosted by that same player/server, and they have been able to join me.

I have not modded my game in any way.

I have tried a variety of basic fixes (i.e. validating/reinstalling the game, cleaning player data, deleting my server player data) with no success.

If any other information or logs are required please let me know.

Edited by whydidsheleaveme (see edit history)

2 hours ago, whydidsheleaveme said:

have tried a variety of basic fixes

There's two errors in your second log.

You have a bunch of these which I can only guess at a cause.

INF Failed attempt 8 to write mesh C:\Users\ste_v\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Navezgane/WORK/DynamicMeshes/-336,656.mesh. Retrying...

Is your disk full maybe? Or Antivirus is interfering? Just guesses. You should add folder exclusions to Defender for your save folder and game folder.

And this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at GameManager.PlayerId (System.Int32 _playerId, System.Int32 _teamNumber, PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile, System.Int32

Which is a corrupt player profile on the server. It will have to be deleted from the server.

13 hours ago, whydidsheleaveme said:

Is there a way to determine which part of the player data was corrupted, or to fix it somehow?

Afaik, no, there is no way to fix it. I have seen posts saying that copying the mp profile to a sp game can fix it, but I have not been able to replicate that fix. Server's should have backups, which would have fixed your problem.