Can't place floor block flush with preexisting floor blocks.

Entropian

17 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Go to lower and flip the plate to top.  It looks like the floor is a top plate and you are trying to set a bottom plate.  Not sure if I make sense there.

Thanks for the help that worked I was able to place it down flush. This project was starting to frustrate me worked on it for a hour last night lol. 

Another helpful tip is to hold down the R key while looking at the block you are trying to copy.

This will open the radial menu and there should be a copy rotation option.  This should help save you some time when building.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:30 AM, Entropian said:

So I am attempting to take over the watch tower west of the female quest giver. And I am having trouble aligning a new floor piece with the pre built floor pieces. . It either goes to high or to low I can't get it to go flush with the already exisiting floor. Here is a link to show what I am trying to place. https://imgur.com/rvNEHpqfive nights at freddy's

Oh, i have the same issue.

Yeah, that's one of the few frustrations when building with an existing POI. Sometimes (particularly an issue on roofs) the block they use is not a full block, so you can't place anything "on" the roof. It just appears like it's floating.

You're issue is slightly different. Luckily the shape they used is rotated to the top so you can still place items on top of it. But as others have mentioned, copying shapes and rotations is a quick and easy. On a side note, I used that EXACT POI on my very first playthrough. Memories...

Word of warning, though: be very careful how you go about making upgrades to the supports. My base collapsed because I made one wrong move.

Archived