Server Ping spike & Lag following A20.4 Update

DefiantDucky

Hello,

For context I have been working on my server to fix and clean up majority of issues and the week before the release of A20.4 the server was running perfect. The server is based in the UK as a dedicated machine ran by friend and I am able to work on to remotely. I am based in the US and my ping to the server is usually 80ms down to 60ms on a good day.

When we used steamcmd to update the server to A20.4 release version the server began to have some serious problems including:

• Significant Ping Spikes: from a stable 80ms constantly when a lot of player traffic was on to a constantly 230-300ms all time regardless.
  • Zombie and world lag: Zombies and players would Dsync, died zombies appeared back alive and teleported to the player
  • Sound after is delayed by out 5-10 seconds
  • Network Timeouts
  • Needing constant restarts to make it playable
  • On my computer I can run 7days on 50-60fps down to 40fps during bloodmoon. (now it's constantly down below 30fps)
  • Players looting objects would often dsync and prevent them from looting until they logged out and re-logged back on

unknown.png

I have been asking around about this problem and have attempted the following solutions:

• Forward Ports using the values provided from this and a person involved on the 7daystodie official discord unknown.png

• Making exclusions from antivirus for folders 7days server and appdata and .exe relating to 7daystodie server
  • Setting Network from Private to Public
  • Fresh restart and wipe for A20.4 in game for world files, map files etc.
  • Changing the serverconfig.xml server regions
  • Checked and contacted the local network providers settings to check connection lines
  • Looked for possible mod errors but console and menu is showing green.
  • Fresh install of server files and steamcmd
  • Verifying server files
  • Task Manager looking for memory spikes and CPU throttling (none)
  • Console showing green script no issues reported from in game and serverside

So quick update

unknown.png?width=1041&height=586

Players are showing ping below 80ms in game but not on the browser itself after a hard server wipe. Not sure what is going on anymore.

I have the same issue. I run a dedicated server on a Dell PowerEdge with two Xeons and 70GB of RAM. The lag started on horde day and made the game unplayable, we can't expect it to be playable during the horde night. There are no errors in the console except for some packet skips when the lag is extreme 5000ms+. The connection can not be an issue as my pc is on the same local network with the server. Of course, this happened only after the update. I will try to troubleshoot it some more tonight.

Archived