Bring back the Blunderbuss!

tenminer117

Bring back the Blunderbuss!

Some people have been talking about the stats of the blunderbuss, but the stats are now what I miss. It was completely badass to 1. make your own primitive gun pretty early in the game 2. muzzle load that badass gun and 3. the sound effect was golden.

The blunderbuss was my favorite gun in the game. Best gun? No, of course not. But it was always my favorite. Even when I was late game and had much better guns, I still carried around a blunderbuss and used it when I could. It was the must 'fun' gun in the game with the muzzle loading and that sound effect.

If we don't want to remove the new pipe shotgun from the game, okay that's fine. But can we bring the blunderbuss back into the game in addition to the pipe shotgun? Let the players who miss the blunderbuss keep using it.

I do agree the blunderbuss created something that the pipe weapons don't. I know in pure game play terms, pipe weapons are a nice mechanic to bridge melee to early guns, and it's also more plausible that you find modern manufactured ammunition and jury rig ways to fire it using pipes rather than build your own blunderbuss.

But all that said, the blunderbuss held something special for me. First ever game, was in Navezgane, probably had it longer than I should have just by bad luck RNG, so it quickly became both a trusted weapon, and an unreliable friend that I couldn't rely on to survive without a backup plan. Experienced at FPS, but no idea what Zombies were capable of, or how game mechanics worked, and it all caused that sense of fear of either "Crap, I missed, I better get out the bone knife" or "What do you mean it's getting back up? Yipeee Kai Yaaay Samuel L. Jackson!".

I'm not sure I'd keep using it after my first double barrel... But I'd enjoy the blunderbuss back in the game if there was a move to do it.

Yep it definitely had a nice boom to it.  I carried it a lot in 19, it was my o sh*t weapon when looting.  Sometimes a double o sh*t when you miss lol.   Was nice because you didn't waste ammo you might use on horde nights or in turrets.  Always plenty of blunderbuss ammo to waste lol, not that you could go through it that quickly.

Archived