Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

23 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

@4sheetzngeegles & @Riamus

Thx for your kind replies.

I will try your ideas, but in general I just suggest that it might be taken into consideration that bow aiming should be slightly more accurate in the future.

I am talking about situations like this:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxm55_c6t85SimsmasL9gcKLtq1IJAO-Xq

No need to tell me that his aim is a bit off, especially for the second shot.

I'm just saying that i can't remember having these "close miss" situations when using a gun, although the aim should be just as "wobbly" (at least by assuming that the laser pointer "shaking" always is the actual spot where the bullet would hit)

1) You see the 4 small lines, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical, the crosshair ? The innermost points of those lines form a circle and that is supposed to be the target circle in which the shot lands.

2) In the video the shooter does not really aim and just shoots from the hip, so to speak, using the second-lowest quality of stone-era bows. I am not surprised that he doesn't hit much. I would advise to aim for the body with hip-firing.

3) I single-stepped through the video. Even the first shot shows the head being more outside than inside the circle, with the center of the circle outside the head. Since the center is more likely to be the hit location than anything on the rim it means the chance to hit was fairly low, I would guess not even 10%. If he had aimed more carefully and tried to anticipate the zombies head movement instead of trying to shoot fast he would have hit a lot better. I know because I tend to aim long and I do hit them in the head quite often at that distance.

meganoth

meganoth

22 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

I will try your ideas, but in general I just suggest that it might be taken into consideration that bow aiming should be slightly more accurate in the future.

I'm just saying that i can't remember having these "close miss" situations when using a gun, although the aim should be just as "wobbly" (at least by assuming that the laser pointer "shaking" always is the actual spot where the bullet would hit)

1) You see the 4 small lines, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical, the crosshair ? The innermost points of those lines form a circle and that is supposed to be the target circle in which the shot lands.

2) In the video the shooter does not really aim and just shoots from the hip, so to speak, using the second-lowest quality of stone-era bows. I am not surprised that he doesn't hit much.

3) I single-stepped through the video. Even the first shot shows the head being more outside than inside the circle, with the center of the circle outside the head. Since the center is more likely to be the hit location than anything on the rim it means the chance to hit was fairly low, I would guess not even 10%. If he had aimed more carefully and tried to anticipate the zombies head movement instead of trying to shoot fast he would have hit a lot better. I know because I tend to aim long and I do hit them in the head quite often at that distance.

meganoth

meganoth

21 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

2) In the video the shooter does not really aim and just shoots from the hip, so to speak, using the second-lowest quality of stone-era bows. I am not surprised that he doesn't hit much.

3) I single-stepped through the video. Even the first shot shows the head being more outside than inside the circle, with the center of the circle outside the head. Since the center is more likely to be the hit location than anything on the rim it means the chance to hit was fairly low, I would guess not even 10%. If he had aimed more carefully and tried to anticipate the zombies head movement instead of trying to shoot fast he would have hit a lot better. I know because I tend to aim long and I do hit them in the head most of the time at that distance.

meganoth

meganoth

20 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

3) I single-stepped through the video. Even the first shot shows the head being more outside than inside the circle, with the center of the circle outside the head. Since the center is more likely to be the hit location than anything on the rim it means the chance to hit was fairly low, I would guess not even 10%. If he had aimed more carefully and tried to anticipate the zombies head movement instead of trying to shoot fast he would have hit a lot better. I know because I tend to aim long and I do hit them at that distance.

meganoth

meganoth

4 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

3) I single-stepped through the video. Even the first shot shows the head being more outside than inside the circle, with the center of the circle outside the head. Since the center is more likely to be the hit location than the rim that means the chance to hit was far below even 50%. If he had aimed more carefully and tried to anticipate the zombies head movement instead of trying to shoot fast he would have hit a lot better. I know because I tend to aim long and I do hit them at that distance.