What is the most disturbing (or interesting) things did you witness in this game

Sproingo

9 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

^^^ This last quote sums it up. I've been clean for 15 years so it's with experience that I can say those who are out of their minds from doing the bad DO look for, crawl into, and hid in all the places mentioned above. And yes, this includes boxes. (No nails needed and No, I'm not going to say how. It's info not needed). 

I imagine that the zombie infection isn't exactly "natural" and that while trying to cure a "flu" pandemic our best and brightest in Gov F up'd, and the combination of the cure drug and whatever infection mutated turning those who took the drug to fight the flu into "out of their minds" closet hiding zeds. 

Just my take on it. Also, one more thing.... anything is possible if you let yourself believe. If you can believe in zombies then those same zombies hiding shouldn't strain the imagination to much I would hope. :)

I think you're missing my point, and then totally skirted past the actual nailing part.   I'm exclusively stating the separation of believability between the sheer mass of fictional zombies hiding in every cupboard, ceiling tile, and storage crate in a building, versus threading a single example of what a desperate drug user may do to save themselves.

When I make a generalization about scope, I don't need to know there will be exceptions.  Of course there will be.  Humans are pretty resilient and adrenaline is a beast, but the widespread dev use of zombies as a wild hair jump scare mechanic removes a lot of believability for me.  And we all know we can get pedantic about the zombies in a hundred and one million ways, but this particular thing is something I do kinda get annoyed by.   If your argument is to convince me not to be annoyed by that, you're in for a long thread.

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

My comment that you quoted was done regarding 2 things : game design/gameplay and technical performance. Not speculation about the lore.

Please don't come to me with a 'WELL ACKTUALLY...' *nerd glasses*  when someone asks me about my personal opinion.  I understand completely why the devs do what they do, and in a lot of ways I'm fine with that.   But there are finer points that just don't tickle me, and I'm okay with having those opinions as well.   I kinda don't see the reason why I need one or two people dogpiling on my opinion that humans do not crawl into hard to reach physical spaces en masse when they are torn apart by your typical joe shmoe zombies.

Now, if we wanna start a new thread about possible Cordyceps themed zombies, hoo boy... that would be pretty interesting and I would give that subject way more wiggle room.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I think you're missing my point, and then totally skirted past the actual nailing part.   I'm exclusively stating the separation of believability between the sheer mass of fictional zombies hiding in every cupboard, ceiling tile, and storage crate in a building, versus threading a single example of what a desperate drug user may do to save themselves.

When I make a generalization about scope, I don't need to know there will be exceptions.  Of course there will be.  Humans are pretty resilient and adrenaline is a beast, but the widespread dev use of zombies as a wild hair jump scare mechanic removes a lot of believability for me.  And we all know we can get pedantic about the zombies in a hundred and one million ways, but this particular thing is something I do kinda get annoyed by.   If your argument is to convince me not to be annoyed by that, you're in for a long thread.

Please don't come to me with a 'WELL ACKTUALLY...' *nerd glasses*  when someone asks me about my personal opinion.  I understand completely why the devs do what they do, and in a lot of ways I'm fine with that.   But there are finer points that just don't tickle me, and I'm okay with having those opinions as well.   I kinda don't see the reason why I need one or two people dogpiling on my opinion that humans do not crawl into hard to reach physical spaces en masse when they are torn apart by your typical joe shmoe zombies.

Now, if we wanna start a new thread about possible Cordyceps themed zombies, hoo boy... that would be pretty interesting and I would give that subject way more wiggle room.

Look, I was just clarifying about my initial comment, this is the internet, sometimes there can be misunderstandings with written words, and I just tried to prevent one. If there's none, then it's all good.

You say you understand well why those concepts are used by the devs, well I also well thought about why we find zombies hidden in weird places and how can this actually make sense, or not. The lore of 7DTD is the only aspect of the game from which we have almost jack@%$# information to ride on. So it's understandable that this will nurture a lot of speculation about what is what and why this and that are done this way. What seems to not make sense at first glance could totally be well explained when the game goes gold.

People will give their opinions about your opinions and about mine and about the next guy posting. That's just how discussion boards work 🤷

The only way it makes sense that zombies are sleeping nailed into crates is that they were placed there as a trap. And I guess that's not impossible assuming Navezgane is one giant game show.

But yeah the fact that all PoIs above T1 contain an abundance of 'jump scares' is something I've complained about a lot as well. I think the concept is sound but the extremely liberal application of it to the point that I can have 3 different closets on the same floor of the same house with jump scare zombies in them followed by a closet jump scare just downstairs is flat-out ridiculous.

I guess TFP knows the system needs work considering they have wandering sleepers on the roadmap. Though I wonder once they've been implemented how long it'll take to rework every PoI in the game.

(Also there are threads about it already so I don't know if this one was the best place to get into it, but here we are.)

Edited by ElDudorino (see edit history)

I came off a little more harsh than I meant to.  Apologies for that. @Kyonshi

I've just gotten exhausted at the raised hackles over my unpopular opinion, particularly so when I feel that this opinion may be nuanced but I don't wanna write a thesis that will just go lazily ignored.  I'm pretty sure everyone has to deal with this at some point in their various feeds. 

23 minutes ago, ElDudorino said:

The only way it makes sense that zombies are sleeping nailed into crates is that they were placed there as a trap. And I guess that's not impossible assuming Navezgane is one giant game show.

Ha!  You mean like SCUM?

That would be an interesting turn of events should TFP choose the notion that The Duke completely seeded the map with his band of rag tag misfits.

I could get behind that.  Something like that would make me excited for the future of the Navezgane map as well.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)