SS Terrain - Custom Terrain Mod A20

LiquidxSunshine

spacer.png

Hello there, Fellow Survivor!

This mod adds 80 new terrain textures and includes instructions to add your own, be warned, that requires a bit of know-how, modding, and unity experience.

These are not just ordinary blocks, they are and function as terrain. They fade into one another, mold together, and work like vanilla grass, dirt, or stone.

This mod has been tested and works on servers as well as locally. Both the server and the client will need it in the mods folder.

Currently, these blocks are only accessible through the creative menu. My goal is to make a bench and recipes for all of them in the future, but that's a bit down the line.

Requirements:

Turn EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) off! Or the mod will not work!

Sphereii’s Legacy Distant Terrain mod is required in order to function.

Direct download via GitLab:

Download Sphereii's Legacy Distant Terrain Mod

Two download options:

Download SS Terrain via Nexus If you use Nexus, DO NOT USE VORTEX!

Download SS Terrain via GitLab

Instructions:

1. Download Sphereii’s Legacy Distant Terrain Mod and put it into your mods folder.
  2. Download SS Terrain and put it into your mods folder.
  3. Ensure that EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) is OFF!
  4. You’re good to go!

It is recommended to read the first page of the included Instructions.pdf as it contains answers to many questions that you may have, as well as instructions for adding your own Terrain.

Conflicts:
No known conflicts.

SS Terrain does use harmony and csharp in order to edit, append, and patch the original game files. There are no other mods that currently edit these files, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Known Issues:
If you put more than two textures in close proximity, there can be weird lines that show up in the blending. This is something that is not possible to fix at this time. It's recommended to cover these weird areas with trees or bushes. ;)

If you want to add your own custom terrain, follow the instruction manual in the downloads section.

Note from Sunshine and Thank Yous!
I'm the Sunshine part of Srsly_Sunshine mod team. Nice to meet ya. This is my first mod, my first time coding, and so on. Hope to see you again soon!

Firstly, I'd like to dedicate this mod to any and all those affected by Covid-19 and the frontline workers that put their lives on the line to help others.
Secondly, I'd like to mention some special folks!
TormentedEmu, the super special person who laid the groundwork and gave the generous permission to use her base code to get this mod to work, along with tons of help throughout the process.
Guppycur, for use (and abuse) of his modding discord server, helping with this guide and throughout the whole process, and allowing me to use terrain textures that he had previously!
Sphereii, for a lot of coding help, as well as his Legacy Distant Terrain mod that makes this all possible.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

More images of SS Terrain in action can be found on Nexus

Most excellent, I know I will be using this for the grounds around my base. Now if only someone could figure out and come up with a modlet that would allow the addition of textures we could paint with to have more variety when doing our bases. LOL

1 hour ago, KailJ said:

Most excellent, I know I will be using this for the grounds around my base. Now if only someone could figure out and come up with a modlet that would allow the addition of textures we could paint with to have more variety when doing our bases. LOL

Happy you're enjoying it! :) Custom Paint is something I'm working on at the moment as well. It's a lot more difficult to get working, but stay tuned. :)

Hi LiquidxSunshine

Thank you very much for the mod, I have already thought about how I will use that lava terrain and others that catch my attention.
Can it be used in conjunction with the TormentedEmu texture mod or do I just have to install one.
Regards

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi LiquidxSunshine

Thank you very much for the mod, I have already thought about how I will use that lava terrain and others that catch my attention.
Can it be used in conjunction with the TormentedEmu texture mod or do I just have to install one.
Regards

Happy you like it! You're welcome! :) Sadly, TormentedEmu's mods no longer work in A20+, so you'd have to just use one.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:52 PM, ozmods said:

would be good if you could come up with some new floor styles,  new wall paints, that dont look as bad as what they do currently, i know this is not possible but it would still be good if we could do that, kudos on your mod

Actually working on that now. Happy you like the terrain though. :)

• 6 months later...

Can you please do a fully video showing how to make your own. I am so lost I don't know how to use the ripper program I just learned how to make a block and I tried to use that ass Terraine and found out from another person that is not how it work. You talk about getting the Map but again I am a visual learner and if I don't see someone do it I feel lost and overwhelmed. Make a begining to end video using ripper getting the map how to open everything please