Tier 3 Baseball bat

Babuchas

Is there any mod or any possibility to make a tier 3 baseball bat or, if not possible, change the graphics and sound from the tier 3 iron club to the baseball bat, keeping the iron club stats?

I love to use the baseball bat, even late game, but it is the tier 2 club, and i know the tier 3 club (iron club) is much better, but the "bonk" sound and the look of the baseball bat when you crush a zombies head is unbeatable. 

So i wonder if it is possible to make a tier 3 baseball bat that would have the same stats as the tier 3 iron club, but keep the graphics and sound effects of the baseball bat. 

Thank you for any suggestions 😄

Should not be an issue really to make a modlet to do this, but how would you like the T1 baseball bat to differ from a T3 baseball bat?  One thing that can be done is to change the color of the item slightly so it looks different from the bat prior to installing a dye into it - however not sure if this can done strictly in xml codes.  I know someone made a mod that introduced different repair kits and they differentiate between them by colors.

This is the line I think would need to be changed, I can see what I can do to create a modlet for you.

<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/ClubIron/ClubIronPrefab.prefab"/>

<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/Bat/bat_Prefab.prefab"/>

It is super cool thanks! The only issue i have found is that most mods, such as the barbed wire or the spikes mod, turn the baseball bat back into the iron club. With no mods it looks as it should. Do you think it is something that could be fixed or maybe it would be too complicated? Otherwise i could just go with no mods equipped.

Thank you in any case 😄

4 hours ago, Babuchas said:

It is super cool thanks! The only issue i have found is that most mods, such as the barbed wire or the spikes mod, turn the baseball bat back into the iron club. With no mods it looks as it should. Do you think it is something that could be fixed or maybe it would be too complicated? Otherwise i could just go with no mods equipped.

Thank you in any case 😄

Let me check that out.  I didn't think of putting any mods on it so that is unexpected.

Okay, I see what I have to do.  There are callouts in the item modifications file to specific prefabs.  I will have to update the modlet to include that one also.  Will try to work on it tomorrow, but at the very least will try to get it out by the end of this weekend.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

New file uploaded, checked and verified that it changes to the correct prefab with all the melee mods.

Now it is perfect, it works like a charm. Thank you so much! I hope other "baseball bat lovers" will enjoy this too 😄