Where the F is my car?

MajorPoison

so my car and everything in it is gone. i drove up to a treasure site in the mountains, and my game crashed. upon relaunching the world, i was on foot and my car was completely gone. even the icon on the map and compass are gone. 20K gas and all my money was in that car. i may very well abandon this game because of this, like i tend to do whenever i die in Minecraft Survival and don't know how to get to my items or lose them in lava. i'm so frustrated and annoyed.

19 minutes ago, MajorPoison said:

so my car and everything in it is gone. i drove up to a treasure site in the mountains, and my game crashed. upon relaunching the world, i was on foot and my car was completely gone. even the icon on the map and compass are gone. 20K gas and all my money was in that car. i may very well abandon this game because of this, like i tend to do whenever i die in Minecraft Survival and don't know how to get to my items or lose them in lava. i'm so frustrated and annoyed.

IS MY GAME GETTING LIVE-PATCHED? i went back into my game, flew around a while in debug mode(thank you to the user who mentioned how to open Debug in a normal game) and eventually my car appeared around me! it's like i complained online and saw results!

In Alpha 19, I noticed this happen.  4x4 disappears then later reappears next to me.   What happens is the 4x4 fell through the world (underground) when it disappears.   It reappears when it makes the loop of falling from the sky, sort of, reappearing next to the player.   It may or may not reappear if the game detects the error (vehicle disappearance) and attempts to make the correction.

Worst case scenario in a solo game and can't find your vehicle, you could always go into creative mode and spawn in a vehicle and many of the items that went missing. 

2 hours ago, Lord Shakaka said:

In Alpha 19, I noticed this happen.  4x4 disappears then later reappears next to me.   What happens is the 4x4 fell through the world (underground) when it disappears.   It reappears when it makes the loop of falling from the sky, sort of, reappearing next to the player.   It may or may not reappear if the game detects the error (vehicle disappearance) and attempts to make the correction.

Worst case scenario in a solo game and can't find your vehicle, you could always go into creative mode and spawn in a vehicle and many of the items that went missing. 

14 hours ago, MajorPoison said:

IS MY GAME GETTING LIVE-PATCHED? i went back into my game, flew around a while in debug mode(thank you to the user who mentioned how to open Debug in a normal game) and eventually my car appeared around me! it's like i complained online and saw results!

so it fixed itself in quite a weird way, and everything was still in the car!