Attempt to access invalid address

Dogfacemarc

I have been trying to install the experimental A20.1 from Steam.  It installs, I started a new game. I load the game, it gets to loading the world screen and crashes, goes back to the Steam Library page and quits.  The log error says, 'Attempt to access invalid address.'   I can revert back to A20 stable and it works fine.  I had no issues updating from A19 to A20.  I checked and reloaded the C++ Redistributable after reading some people had issues updating to A20 because of that.  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled using A20.1 experimental, same result.  I could revert back to A20 stable and it still worked.  Any ideas?

Thank you meganoth, using the Game Launcher on Steam to wipe the game files worked. Fixed my crash issues.

Maybe you or someone should pin a post titled A20.1 Experimental Crashes.  It seems to be a hot topic.

I did the wipe and reinstall between A18, A19, and A20.   I did not realize A20.1 was a "major" update.  I did a reinstall, but no wipe.  I was hoping to keep what little I had.

I didn't play much after a base collapse early in A20 because of stability, others will not be happy to find out they need another wipe of game files.

It doesn't bother me.  I love to build, the stability bug was bothering me, I am glad they said they fixed it.

With a farming mod to make farming back the way it was, I should be happy to play again.  I think Rick and Joel are geniuses.  I am a huge fan of  Lathan (Prime).

Now I am a fan of yours.

Thank You,

Dogfacemarc

18 hours ago, Dogfacemarc said:

Thank you meganoth, using the Game Launcher on Steam to wipe the game files worked. Fixed my crash issues.

Maybe you or someone should pin a post titled A20.1 Experimental Crashes.  It seems to be a hot topic.

I did the wipe and reinstall between A18, A19, and A20.   I did not realize A20.1 was a "major" update.  I did a reinstall, but no wipe.  I was hoping to keep what little I had.

I didn't play much after a base collapse early in A20 because of stability, others will not be happy to find out they need another wipe of game files.

It doesn't bother me.  I love to build, the stability bug was bothering me, I am glad they said they fixed it.

With a farming mod to make farming back the way it was, I should be happy to play again.  I think Rick and Joel are geniuses.  I am a huge fan of  Lathan (Prime).

Now I am a fan of yours.

Thank You,

Dogfacemarc

Thanks for the compliment.

As to the cause of the crashes, it isn't anything simple. My friends and I myself did not need to do a reinstall for A20.1. Most people don't. And some other players do have crashes in A20.1 that can't be fixed by a reinstall.