Modding Perk Books / Schematics / Recipes (ignore_loot_abundance & count modifiers)

EtherealDeadite

Hello, everyone! It's a pleasure to be here and I have a ton of fun making small mods nobody really thinks of, but this one has my husband and I absolutely stumped.

I'll refer to them all as books, so when I say books, I mean schematics and recipes as well. 

I'm gonna try to keep this as short as possible:

We don't want to modify the drop rates.

Only the quantity of the books that drop.

Changing the quantity of the books that drop has two problems:

A) Increasing the quantity of the books dropping by using the xpath below increases the quantity of total books, not the quantity of the same book. So a modifier of 5 means 5 random kinds of books dropped in the loot instead of the initial chosen book being dropped in a stack of five.

<setattribute xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='booksAllScaled']/item[@group='perkBooks']" name="count">5</setattribute>

B) The loot abundance in the game settings modifies the value on top of it. We've tried using ignore_loot_abundance in two different styles but neither worked. See below:

<setattribute xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='booksAllScaled']" name="ignore_loot_abundance">true</setattribute>

<setattribute xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='booksAllScaled']/item[@group='perkBooks']" name="ignore_loot_abundance">true</setattribute>

----------------------------

With all of that out of the way, what we're trying to accomplish is letting players on a server be able to loot enough copies for every other player in the lobby without using the loot abundance game setting that affects all of the loot.

More simply put:

1) Server has 5 friends playing together.

2) Download mod so any books / schematics / recipes looted yield 5 copies for all 5 players.

3) Server can use any loot abundance option (25%, 50%, 100%, 200%, etc) and not have it modify how many books / schematics / recipes they can receive. 

Buuut we're both just stumped on it at this point. There's a lot of other mod stuff we'd like to work on, but we're so close to finishing this idea and been unable to close the deal that I figured we could use a second opinion.

Thanks, all :) If someone helps us figure these final two parts out, I'll update this post to link to the mod when it gets posted.

Three different ways to approach this I can come up with on the top of my head:

1. Add a Recipe to the game for all the books, and with a book you can basically make a copy.

2. Set all of the loot groups with books Items to have a 'count' attribute then set it to like "2,2".

3. Make it where when books are used it just gives you another one.