Quest.xml explanation

kampnkarl

Hello fellow modders,

I've been having some trouble understanding the quests syntax and properties. It all seems a little redundant, and I'd like to know what really matters. I'm looking for some info on the bare basics of creating some simple quests, and what properties are available for the task needed to complete. 

Thanks

Did you read the commented section in the quests.xml file?  It goes over some of the things in the quest structure.

Also, I would recommend paying attention to the starting quests in the game and then seeing how the text in the xml file for that quest corresponds to that quest.  That is the best way to learn about the quests and what each section really does.

This is what I did to learn how to make my own quests (observation and then trial / error).

I don't think anyone here is going to give you a detailed explanation of the quests.xml file, but are more than willing to help you troubleshoot issues.  Also, Guppycur's discord is a good place to ask modders specific questions on things you are trying to do and what you tried so far with mixed results (again, expectation is for each person to do some trial / error work before asking questions, not to simply ask fellow modders to write the code for you).