A20 b238 quests - clear area fail

Aero_VS

Hello!

Started new game on A20 b238.  Single player, map PREGEN8k, no mods etc., almost stock settings (increased game hour length, 200% exp and 30 days till blood day).

On 7th day my PC went off (some issue with overclocking, time to time). After restarting the game, my save file went missing. I had this issue in A19 so made same recovery as before:

- created same new game;

- found my failed save file/folder in 7DTD folder, inside deleted files (main.ttw , main.ttw.bak , main.ttw.bak.loadFailed , main.ttw.loadFailed);

- copied files main.ttw and main.ttw.bak from new save to my failed one.

In game, my first save shoved, but now I face new problem:

1st, small one - all my gear etc. is in place, but day is 1st. 

2nd, large one - every quest with clearing off the area (Clear the area, Fetch) - fails on first try.

Taking one of these quests, I go to place, clear all Z's (found needed item if needed) but quest doesn't end. If I leave the area - it fails.

But, If I don't leave the area and staying in it - restart the game (by quitting to maim menu and continuing) - start same quest, do all the same moves, kill same Z's in same places - quest goes Ok and you can report to Trader..... 

And this happens every time now after that main save recovery...

Is there any option to repair this or only option is to start new game?

Thank you in advance and waiting for any reply!

• 6 months later...

Friend, I'm going through the beginning of this problem, but I can't recover my character's items and attributes, when I start it starts without any progress, all skills and all books read were lost, in your case the character returns to the way it was before? If yes, what would be the correct process to do this, because the way I'm doing it is not working.

I don’t know if your save can be totally fixed but there is a workaround. Take note of your level & items. Delete the save completely then generate the same seed map, if a pregen just delete the save. Join the map on Day 1 and use admin abilities to get you back where you were. Bring up the console (F1) and type dm. Type cm. Hit Esc and you will see the ability to change day/time so set yourself up to when you were before. Hit U which brings up the creative menu and get all your items back. Use the giveselfxp command in the console to get all of the xp back. You should now be just about where you were. Maybe someone will have an actual fix.