A20 Add custom Prefab to game generation

Slyman666

Hi there survivors!

I was wondering how to add my custom prefab to the game random generation?
I know there are KingGen and Nitrogen but I want to keep the 7Days generation.

Apparently on previous version some people change rwgmixer.xml to add or remove prefab, but it seems this files changes because there is no prefab list anymore into this files.
Is there anything about it in A20?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Slyman666 said:

Hi there survivors!

I was wondering how to add my custom prefab to the game random generation?
I know there are KingGen and Nitrogen but I want to keep the 7Days generation.

Apparently on previous version some people change rwgmixer.xml to add or remove prefab, but it seems this files changes because there is no prefab list anymore into this files.
Is there anything about it in A20?

Thanks

Add the prefab to the prefab folder.  In prefab editor make sure the tags are correct like what district 

Then make sure correct size is used 25x25,42x42,60x60,100x100 downtown doesn't have a 100x100 marker on the tile tho.

Add correct driveway to the district via the part spawned.  

Downtown and commercial don't need driveways.  

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Add the prefab to the prefab folder.  In prefab editor make sure the tags are correct like what district 

Then make sure correct size is used 25x25,42x42,60x60,100x100 downtown doesn't have a 100x100 marker on the tile tho.

Add correct driveway to the district via the part spawned.  

Downtown and commercial don't need driveways.  

Oh ok, so now they are automatically added to the game if they are in prefab folder?
I don't understand why there is a size to be used. I see very big prefab spawn in the game (Like the big shotgun messahia) but they are still spawned in the world.
How I can use big prefab with this?

2 minutes ago, Slyman666 said:

Oh ok, so now they are automatically added to the game if they are in prefab folder?
I don't understand why there is a size to be used. I see very big prefab spawn in the game (Like the big shotgun messahia) but they are still spawned in the world.
How I can use big prefab with this?

The shotty factory has been sized to 100x100 

Wilderness you can go bigger any size. Rural can go bigger upto 150x150

12 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

The shotty factory has been sized to 100x100 

Wilderness you can go bigger any size. Rural can go bigger upto 150x150

Is there any documentation or any link somewhere i can follow?
It could be cool to have all this information in one place. So I will be able to do my prefab correctly :)
For now, thanks a lot for all information you already gave me!

10 hours ago, stallionsden said:

there is alot of info in the prefab thread already lol just in diff threads. there is alot to go thru i have some on the cp discord. you are welcome to join and we all can assist and eventually i will get to providing a full documentation on the process have already done some videos tho as well. 

https://discord.gg/jEpGhmmG

I tried search on google and in this forum but It always pointing at me a19 stuff or how to use Nitro or Kingen.
I already made around 40 custom prefabs but I never use them in the 7days random generation. The new A20 generation is pretty great.

Anyway, thanks for your help! I will take a look for sure at compo pack discord. I really enjoyed it on A19 :)
Thanks!

6 hours ago, Slyman666 said:

I tried search on google and in this forum but It always pointing at me a19 stuff or how to use Nitro or Kingen.
I already made around 40 custom prefabs but I never use them in the 7days random generation. The new A20 generation is pretty great.

Anyway, thanks for your help! I will take a look for sure at compo pack discord. I really enjoyed it on A19 :)
Thanks!

Happy to help the new world and tiles are great and pois look way better in them.  Definately the vanilla rwg is superb.

Look forward to seeing you in discord

• 1 month later...