Not happy about the new block strength.

Desmondbratcat

Not happy about the new block strength reduction.  I am a builder, you have given me all of these new blocks and then taken away my ability to use some of them.  Why would I pay the same price, go and gather all of the resources needed to make these blocks only to have them 1/2 or 1/4 of the strength.  This makes no sense at all, as it is I feel we are being forced into making cookie cutter horde bases to get something that works, this just makes things worse.  They still take up a full block so I can't put a plate and then put a torch or a storage container on them, if you are going to penalise me for being a builder then I want quid pro quo.  Also, stop fooling with the farming, starvation is already an issue early on in the game so thanks for that, thank goodness there is a mod to revert this bit of stupidity.

Not going into the block discussio here. Had enough of that on the steam forums.

There is plenty of food until you can get a farm going. Not a problem at all in SP.

The farming however is fine. Just did my first harvest in SP. (Finally, had to start over 2 times and was busy in MP) On day 22. Replanted every seed i got from the harvest, crafted seeds so i have the same amount of plants as before. Then i went cooking. And i have more than enough for a week. The good stuff. Gumbo, Spaghetti, Shepards Pie, Meat and Hobo Stew.

Farming is fine. You need to invest points and you need a bit of patience though. You are not gonna get a huge farm going that delivers endless food before your first horde. Those days are over.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Yeah, not a fan of the HP changes either. Now the poles are made of paper.

Farming is more or less the same. But more annoying. With all the replanting.

But for food, the good old meat will never let you down. Boiled meat, grilled meat, Bacon and Eggs. Who needs veggies!

Just be sure to kill every living thing you see. And keep an eye at night for those delicious wolves and bears!

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not going into the block discussio here. Had enough of that on the steam forums.

There is plenty of food until you can get a farm going. Not a problem at all in SP.

The farming however is fine. Just did my first harvest in SP. (Finally, had to start over 2 times and was busy in MP) On day 22. Replanted every seed i got from the harvest, crafted seeds so i have the same amount of plants as before. Then i went cooking. And i have more than enough for a week. The good stuff. Gumbo, Spaghetti, Shepards Pie, Meat and Hobo Stew.

Farming is fine. You need to invest points and you need a bit of patience though. You are not gonna get a huge farm going that delivers endless food before your first horde. Those days are over.

Huge farms which deliver endless food before the first horde? How?

Took me weeks to get a little farm running. Big ones were like late game goals for me.

Why would you need a big farm? I am talking SP here ofc. Famring isn´t a way to make money on servers anymore or good for selling at the trader, that´s true. Also a reason why they wanted to nerf it i guess. They never liked us making lots of money easily. Remember beds? They would make you rich.

Once you planted a seed that plant gave you endless food for free. No time or work needed other than harvesting. Hence endless supply. 

And having at least 5 corn and mushroom wasn´t a big deal in week one. Also potatoes if you were a bit lucky.

It really buffles me how many people are angry about that change in a game with survival elements.

Because is nice? I like to make big farms. But I hate replanting the seeds.

Anyways, if you get the 5 corns, then you can make a seed. Then plant the seed. If you have the mats for the plot. Else you must wait to get those. When you have those you can plant your seed. And wait until you get 5 corns. And so.

It's time consuming. Eventually you get to the lots of food stage. But with the current system is the same. The only difference is that you must replant every time.

And I'm not angry. It's just that I don't want to replant the seeds every time. Is annoying.