Feedback on the New Weapons(HD remakes) Appearance

Valwyn

Loving the update, the pipe guns looks good.. but the new weapons skins.. Awful.. Few guns with horrible Sights Positions, you should aim trough front and rear sight(should be easily fixable?), excessive cloth wrappings, currently playing with Bladed weapons and just got the Horrendous Rusty Machete... truly digged from the back yard... even trough i crafted from fresh steel... Those Makeshift looking weapons looks sad.

The MP5..... with a spoon was the Cocking Handle.. a spoon... are the guns designed by a 9 year old? you may ask.

Guns that i have noticied with Bad Sights Positions soo far : 44. Magnum(The worst.. looks like you're holding the gun upwards.. using only the front sights.), Hunting Rifle.

So.... I Really Doubt you would get rid/waste those skins or rework them again.. this is what i suggest atleast:

Make the Quality/Tier 6 of the Guns/Melee Have a Pristine/Factory Skin on them... would make sense right? You can only get Tier 6 From looting.. (Hell maybe even bring the old Skins back on the Tier 6 Stuff, they looked Factory enough)

That way, even trough it looked sad, it would be fine the new Skins...you would have somenthing to look foward to. you would have the Makeshift Skins(Current ones) On Crafting and Looting Tier 1-5. And Factory looking Tier 6 was Looting only.

Plus one more reason/Incentive to Upgrade to T6, Players would have a Better feeling of getting a Pretty Looking Weapon.

Thats all! thanks for this amazing game, and thanks for reading my feedback.

The singular reason why I registered for these forums was to post on this very thing.  The .44 Magnum was one of my favorites, and now I can't stand to look at it.  At first I thought it was an honest bug, but then I saw some of the others..  Considering just how awesome the rest of this alpha is playing out, this comes as a major let down.

As well, the updated skins for these weapons...I don't get it.  Although the pipe weapons look like pipe weapons, and are good, the old weapons look just as shoddy.  As well as just some questionable design choices.  For example,  you don't mount a rail on a Kalashnikov unless you have an optic on it.  It blocks access to the dust cover unnecessarily otherwise.  Also, the lever action looks so dilapidated it may as well be another pipe gun.  The shotgun got some tacti-cool toys on it now, but the thing looks like it needs some hardcore needle-gunning.  I mean, just how long ago was the apocalypse?

Some flavor is a good thing. (i.e. the shovel stock is fine, and is more functional than NOT having a stock at all).  But too  much flavor makes a mess.

Again, this alpha is amazing.  That said, the guns are the our view port into this game.  They are the lens through which we interact with this world.  They are important and merit some review.

14 hours ago, Arkansas said:

The singular reason why I registered for these forums was to post on this very thing.  The .44 Magnum was one of my favorites, and now I can't stand to look at it.  At first I thought it was an honest bug, but then I saw some of the others..  Considering just how awesome the rest of this alpha is playing out, this comes as a major let down.

As well, the updated skins for these weapons...I don't get it.  Although the pipe weapons look like pipe weapons, and are good, the old weapons look just as shoddy.  As well as just some questionable design choices.  For example,  you don't mount a rail on a Kalashnikov unless you have an optic on it.  It blocks access to the dust cover unnecessarily otherwise.  Also, the lever action looks so dilapidated it may as well be another pipe gun.  The shotgun got some tacti-cool toys on it now, but the thing looks like it needs some hardcore needle-gunning.  I mean, just how long ago was the apocalypse?

Some flavor is a good thing. (i.e. the shovel stock is fine, and is more functional than NOT having a stock at all).  But too  much flavor makes a mess.

Again, this alpha is amazing.  That said, the guns are the our view port into this game.  They are the lens through which we interact with this world.  They are important and merit some review.

Yes, 44.Magnum.. My favorite gun.. i just love revolvers... hell when i play Agility i stop at the 44.Magnum and i always sell the Desert Vultures.. they are good.. but they ain't a revolver.. Yes, The Reload Speed makes me cry by how slow is.. but still i love them.

Now.. The Rustiness on it...The Horrible huge Front Sight... disgusting. i Just Don't Understand how Rusty crap is appealing to someone...why?

Good Point on the Kalashnikov, did not Realize it before.

The First Thing i said when i got a Pump Shotgun was : ''What the hell is this? did it came from mad max?'' But then i Realized and Checked.. Max Sawed Off Shotgun had better Condition and Look.. on The MAD MAX WORLD... than our Pump Shotgun... just how long ago was the apocalypse indeed.

@JCrook1028 I Always had Concerns when Steel Knuckles first dropped.. how impratical and Silly it looked...

Childish and Silly aspect is not a good direction at all, Every Time i remember it i get a image of a bunch of children circling around it and saying ''Bro! that looks sick!" ... And now i'am having it again on those Weapons HD Remakes.

If the Awnser is ''Realism'' for the Apocalypse, then Shooting Rusty weapons is not realistic or smart at all, would be ''Realism'' for the character to clean it aswell.

I'am Imagining someone saying ''Make the Front Sight huge and make it rusty, i'am sure everyone will find it alot more appealing!" Why? Who would find  it appealing it?(44. Magnum)

Arkansas Words nails it..''The Guns are the our view port into this game.  They are the lens through which we interact with this world.  They are important and merit some review.''

Edited by Valwyn
Typo fix (see edit history)

I feel this is only a thing to people who know guns, everyone else is playing a walking dead aggressive corpse game. 
Pretty sure the fun pimps felt the apocalyptic look and feel appealed to the majority of the players, rather than the ones who are gun enthusiasts. 
Personal experience, out of the 1000's of comments I've gotten since release, not a single one has complained about how the guns aren't realistic enough, lots of complaints about game play though, esp the farming and blocks.  
I personally think it's something you're going to have to live with, it is a game after all, not a simulator, and I can find a enthusiast in every field to complain about every aspect of the game that isn't realistic enough. 
If you want to argue about guns being realistic, you gotta argue it all,  you have a magically powered turret you can put down,  you have zombies that spit fire and acid. ect ect. 

don't mean to pee on your party here, just giving some viewpoint from the other side. It's just in the end, it's a zombie game. just enjoy it. 
I hope this brings understanding to you on why people don't care about a rusty weapon in the apocalypse. They are playing a game, and don't care about realism or the weapon they are using is 100 percent accurate. 

I also prefer the new weapons.  I def don't play 7 days to die as a real life survival simulator, it's a open world tower defense zombie survival game. 

Edited by skippy0330 (see edit history)