Windows 11, Steam, 7 Days to Die, Crash on exit, PC wont go to sleep

Rabbitslovecactus

Just was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. Here is what's been happening since Alpha 20. 

Launch 7 Days to die through Steam>Play the game> exit the game> 7 days to die freezes> Steam Freezes>wait....>open task manager to kill the game> nothing happens> Kill Steam> Try to put the computer to sleep> The screen goes black the the computer stays on>Hard reset the PC by holding the power button down>Boot the PC> Start all over again.

This is specific to 7 Days to die, I can play other games from steam, close them and put my computer to sleep without a problem. 7 Days to die crashes itself and steam when trying to exit.

Thanks

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus
text adjustment (see edit history)

Summary: Game Crashes itself, steam, and makes my PC malfunction when exiting. When this happens it also resets the resolution back to 4K.

This is specific to 7 Days to die, I can play other games from steam, close them and put my computer to sleep without a problem. 7 Days to die crashes itself and steam when trying to exit.

Game Version: (A20 b238)

Platform: (PC)

OS/Version: Windows  11

CPU Model: AMD 8320E

System Memory: (16Gb)

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB

Screen Resolution: (1920x1080)

Video Settings: Medium

Game mode: Single player or multiplayer

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Completely reinstalled the game)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC Off

Bug Description: Game Crashes itself, steam, and makes my PC malfunction when exiting. When this happens it also resets the resolution back to 4K.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: 

Launch 7 Days to die through Steam>Play the game> exit the game> 7 days to die freezes> Steam Freezes>wait....>open task manager to kill the game> nothing happens> Kill Steam> Try to put the computer to sleep> The screen goes black the the computer stays on>Hard reset the PC by holding the power button down>Boot the PC> Start all over again.

Expected result: Able to play the game and exit it when done. Also able to put my PC to sleep/shut it down without hard resetting it. 

Here ya go. 

A20 log1 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG2 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG3 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG4 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG 5 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG6 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG7 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG8 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG9 - Pastebin.com

A20 LOG10 - Pastebin.com

FYI, this is a little off topic, but i've also experienced some floating trees and irregular terrain that would change height as I rode my bike. Looked like I was driving into a mountain, but then it would get smaller and keep moving back until it was gone. I bet this is related to the floating trees. Hopefully the logs help with that as well. 

Edited by Rabbitslovecactus
rename log file (see edit history)