Quest Objective "Stay Within"

Splatter Panda

For quests that require a player to remain in/near the POI, something more specific than "stay within" would be very nice, especially for the buried supply quest.

Since the game can already display a yellow circle on the ground, could it be made to show a second, bigger circle (perhaps in a different color) so that we'd know where the point of arbitrary failure actually is?

3 minutes ago, Fenris said:

I take it that you already know about the green numbers in the upper corner of your screen?

I think what the OP is wanting is a visual barrier so to speak akin to how buried treasure quests have that yellow border. To show where specifically the out of bounds would be for POI's during a quest.

7 minutes ago, Splatter Panda said:

For quests that require a player to remain in/near the POI, something more specific than "stay within" would be very nice, especially for the buried supply quest.

Since the game can already display a yellow circle on the ground, could it be made to show a second, bigger circle (perhaps in a different color) so that we'd know where the point of arbitrary failure actually is?

For most POI's the boundary is square shaped. So if for example the poi has a mailbox, just assume that going past that 1 - 2 meters away you'll no longer be within the quest area.

3 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

I think what the OP is wanting is a visual barrier so to speak akin to how buried treasure quests have that yellow border. To show where specifically the out of bounds would be for POI's during a quest.

I figured as much, but also wasn't sure if the OP just never noticed the indicator.