A21 Modlets - Craft water from snow or buckets, fast plant growth, no heat dew collector and more

pahbi

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Camassai said:

Hey there Pahbi, great ideas here. I was wondering if I can download these for multiplayer and are they server side only?

I honestly don't know, I play single player so thats where I use them.

I will research it and get back to you.  :)

------------------------ Edit ----------------------------------

So I did a quick peek and this is what I found out, if I'm wrong please someone chime in and give the correct info.

Short Answer:  All of my modlets are xml xpath only, so you they are installable single player or multiplayer, but for multiplayer, the admin of the 7DTD server would have to install them on the server.

Longer Answer:

1.  If your just playing single player, you just put the modlet into the Mods directory and it will work just fine.

2.  If you want to install modlets on your 7DTD server, you need to open the modlet and look at the folders.

*  If there is only a CONFIG folder with xpath xml files, you can install that on your server, and anyone playing on your server will

be using that modlet.

*  If there are other resources in the modlet like icons or artwork, you still install the modlet as usual on your server,

but players who want to play on your server will have to manually install that modlet on their computer.

Edited by pahbi (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hey just a question of curiosity here. Both myself and my mate have your mod installed, yet playing multiplayer together it does not seem to work for either of us. Do we need to have values set the same or is it not working?

Mod is being recognized and ran in game however values aren't changing

Sorry its the XP mod only we are using

Edited by Chook14
Incorrect information (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • pahbi changed the title to A20 / A21 Modlets - LoTL perk, Fast Plant Growth, Adds Recipes
  • pahbi changed the title to A21 Modlets - LoTL perk, Fast Plant Growth, Adds Recipes (updated from A20)
17 hours ago, DanielHazmat said:

Hi Man , can you create one more Respawn Trees ?

Do you mean faster tree growth from planted trees, or more trees spawning in a biome when its created?

I hope its from planted trees, because that looks easy.

https://github.com/pahbi/7DTD_Modlets/blob/main/fasttreegrowth.zip

• pahbi changed the title to A21 Modlets - Craft water from snow, fast plant growth and more

Hi Pahbi, great modlets! I've just got this one concern that my server flagged:

2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.173 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'addAcid'
2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.177 WRN [MODS] addAcid/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.
2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.182 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Add Acid (1.0)
2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.182 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'addSewingKit'
2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.182 WRN [MODS] addSewingKit/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.
2023-06-19T07:57:09 1.182 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Add SewingKit (1.0)

Is there any way I can update the .xml format myself? Or is it something on your radar to get around to soon?

Edited by benignviewer (see edit history)

I can not for the life of me figure out why the craft-books mod does not work on my host havoc server but works fine in SP. The readme says... Set parameters in recipies.xml to allow players to craft recipe and skill books. Where the F do i set the parameters? And what should it look like?

On 6/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, TheRealKrash said:

I can not for the life of me figure out why the craft-books mod does not work on my host havoc server but works fine in SP. The readme says... Set parameters in recipies.xml to allow players to craft recipe and skill books. Where the F do i set the parameters? And what should it look like?

Apologies, I will update the readme to clear up the confusion.

I updated the modlet, if you re-download it, the books, schematics and magazines should show up under the science tab.  At least it does on single player, I'm not sure about server, but I suspect it will work.  Give it a try and let me know.

Sorry about the confusion.  :doh:

- Pahbi

• pahbi changed the title to A21 Modlets - Craft water from snow or buckets, fast plant growth and more

I have one idea make mod for dew collector that its work anytime even if its filled up those 3 slots example: make more stacks for those water now its like when those 3 slots are fill its stop working untill you pick them up

5 hours ago, Drazil said:

Hi,

I am a big fan of your mods, so before everything else, thank you for your work and for keeping them updated.

The reason I am contacting you is because the "Craft tier 6" mod, needs the amount of magazines needed for the tier 6 of every tech level to be adjusted.

The value to change I think is the last number after "level=", which is currently 75 for both stone and iron, rather than following a progression of 3 units for stone, and 7 for iron.

This is how vanilla is

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="3,5,7,10,75" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="meleeWpnSpearT0StoneSpear"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="17,24,31,38,75" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="meleeWpnSpearT1IronSpear"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="48,57,66,75" value="1,2,3,4" tags="meleeWpnSpearT3SteelSpear"/>

This is how it should be after your updated mod would be applied

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="3,5,7,10,13" value="1,2,3,4,5" tags="meleeWpnSpearT0StoneSpear"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="17,24,31,38,45" value="1,2,3,4,5" tags="meleeWpnSpearT1IronSpear"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="48,57,66,75" value="2,3,4,5" tags="meleeWpnSpearT3SteelSpear"/>

And that should be all.

Thanks again and wish you a pleasant day.

4 hours ago, pahbi said:

Appreciate the heads up.

Could you put this in the main thread, its easier for me to follow it there.

I think there is something glitched about craft tier 6, because I noticed that after I read all the drone magazines, I couldn't craft a drone, it was locked out.

If we pick just one line to look at:

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="3,5,7,10,75" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="meleeWpnSpearT0StoneSpear"/>

vs

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="3,5,7,10,13" value="1,2,3,4,5" tags="meleeWpnSpearT0StoneSpear"/>

Does this mean the material cost will progress after 13 magazines read?

@pahbi

So, I actually tried making the changes I suggested to my game, but my exm editing knowledge is pretty limited (I am not sure how to edit two values on the same string), and I haven't been able to make it work even by editing the game files themselves.

There is definitively something else to consider regarding tier 6.

I did notice though, how there may be another value to edit, like the level in the "passive_effect" 1 and 2, as it also refers to the max level (75), but once again, editing it made things worse, so I am not sure.

Another thing to consider, is the message that says how "X item - quality X has been unlocked" that would need to be added, and triggered, for tier 6 when reading the right amount of magazines.

I hope this is of any help, because as it is, it looks like a headache to figure out instead, lol.

Edited by Drazil (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Drazil said:

@pahbi

So, I actually tried making the changes I suggested to my game, but my exm editing knowledge is pretty limited (I am not sure how to edit two values on the same string), and I haven't been able to make it work even by editing the game files themselves.

There is definitively something else to consider regarding tier 6.

I did notice though, how there may be another value to edit, like the level in the "passive_effect" 1 and 2, as it also refers to the max level (75), but once again, editing it made things worse, so I am not sure.

Another thing to consider, is the message that says how "X item - quality X has been unlocked" that would need to be added, and triggered, for tier 6 when reading the right amount of magazines.

I hope this is of any help, because as it is, it looks like a headache to figure out instead, lol.

Don't sweat it, I'm just a hack at it as well, and a lot of it is greek to me.

I need to setup a new test game to try and recreate what your seeing so I can see how to fix it.

I did update the file though with the new level information, try that out and see if it helps.

52 minutes ago, pahbi said:

Don't sweat it, I'm just a hack at it as well, and a lot of it is greek to me.

I need to setup a new test game to try and recreate what your seeing so I can see how to fix it.

I did update the file though with the new level information, try that out and see if it helps.

Thank you again for the quick update.

Unfortunately the adjustment I suggested worsened things. The same happened when I implemented in my game by editing the progression file.
To explain more in details, I tested the spear progression, and up to level 13, it did unlock quality 6 of the spear, but on passing to level 14, it locks it back to quality 1, and progressed instead with the iron spear quality, and so forth.

I hope it's not a dead end from the game code itself, dammit.

3 hours ago, pahbi said:

I was able to recreate the issue, so thats progress.  :)

Crafting tier 6 is *KINDA* fixed.  It works, the skill progressions don't glitch out, but the items are limited to tier 5 until you finish all the skill magazines, at which time, you can then craft tier 6 everything.

I was able to get everything to progress and craft tier 6, but then when I finished the skill magazines, everything clicked over to crafting tier 7.  Which is kind hysterical on its own, and I might put it back that way.  I mean, the intent for these modlets is to make life easier for ultra mega casual noobs like myself.

Anyways, this is either a xml issue I don't understand (highly likely) or something thats hard coded into the game.

I'll poke around more as I get time and see if I can figure out it.