Idea for vehicle mods. solar car silent.

deathincarnate

solar panel on top turns small motor. this turns a micro alternator that will produce 60 amps where the solar panel will turn a 2 amp 36 volt motor. 

this 60 amp turn a large motor for a large alternator for charging a large battery. then you do it again for the hydraulic motor and powering the rest of the vehicle. this version runs on nothing. it charge at nights while under a street lamp and will run on your battery in real life for two hours before it needs charging. you are using regular car batteries right? anyways no one has ever used this nerd mobile so far as i have ever seen. 

although at the end of the world it would be extremely more feasible for it to be in use rather then a fuel model.

How about a variation for a bit more realism? The car has a number of battery slots, say 12. Fill the slots with charged batteries and that's the fuel. To refuel, you either swap out the car-batteries or you connect the car to a generator/solar circuit with the wiring tool.

It wouldn't be perfectly silent, but it could be pretty quiet. My RL electric car still has a little whine to the motor. You also still get road noise from the tires on pavement, hitting bumps, etc. I don't know how a wasteland kit-bashed version would sound, but my guess is it would be a bit more noisy than a modern production vehicle.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:44 AM, deathincarnate said:

although at the end of the world it would be extremely more feasible for it to be in use rather then a fuel model.

I agree gasoline seems improbable, electric more approachable, but alcohol fueled vehicles make a lot of sense too.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)