Have the rules for farm plot positioning been changed for alpha 20?

Kazsco

For alpha 19 I would regularly plant my farm on the top level of my base, complete with wood bar walls and a high wood bar roof. I have tried the same for alpha 20 and have found that although I can plant the seeds, many will not grow. There does not appear to be any obvious reason to me, why some will grow in certain positions while others won't. They are all walled in with bars and all have bars across the top of them. Is this a bug or have TFP done this to make such gardens unviable?  The greenhouse was aesthetically very pleasing in alpha 19, so I'm hoping it is a bug that they will fix....

It could be a result of the bars not having the light passthrough like the previous custom blocks did. Since they are just shapes now, it could be a missing properly. It most likely isn't an intentional change, and is just the result of the new block system.  You can still make the old style iron bars in the forge, and they should still function in the fashion you desire.

Thank you SylenThunder. I'll definitely try the bars from the forge; which I hadn't thought of, so thank you! I agree with what you say about light not getting through but that doesn't explain why some of the plants do grow and as far as I can work out they are all under the same conditions.  Thank you for your suggestion!