BUG: Can't pick up placed block unless blocks on belt are in default state

Velvet Jones

I have a number of blocks in a slot on my belt, and all belt and inventory slots are filled with other non-block items.

Blocks in my belt are default 3D Cube:  Placing a block and picking it back up works as intended.

Blocks in my belt are 3D Cube Frame (second from the left, top row):  Placing block works as intended, but I cannot pick it back up - inventory full warning appears on-screen.

Blocks in my belt are back to default state and the 3D Cube Frame is still on the ground:  I can now pick it up as expected.

Basically, I can place any block I wish, but (with a full inventory) I can only pick them up again if the block on my belt is of the default 3D Cube variety.

If I have a free inventory or belt space available, picking up blocks works as expected, regardless of what block type is currently equipped.

20211209230434_1.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, mussels84 said:

It's because once the shape changes it's a different item

If someone picks up a block they customised, they'd very likely want it to stay in that shape to be placed again, not merged into another stack of a different shape

That's great, but it does not address the problem I was reporting.  If I change the block to the 1M Sphere, for example, and then place that down, if my inventory and belt are full, I CANNOT pick it back up unless I change the block on my belt back to the default solid cube.  To be clear:  Sphere on belt, Sphere on ground, full belt and inventory = no picky-uppy.  Base 3D Cube on belt, Sphere on ground, full belt and inventory = picks up just fine (and converts it back to a base 3D Cube).

If I have at least one free inventory slot (anywhere) placing and recovering blocks works as (presumably) intended.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:20 PM, Velvet Jones said:

I have a number of blocks in a slot on my belt, and all belt and inventory slots are filled with other non-block items.

Blocks in my belt are default 3D Cube:  Placing a block and picking it back up works as intended.

Blocks in my belt are 3D Cube Frame (second from the left, top row):  Placing block works as intended, but I cannot pick it back up - inventory full warning appears on-screen.

Blocks in my belt are back to default state and the 3D Cube Frame is still on the ground:  I can now pick it up as expected.

Basically, I can place any block I wish, but (with a full inventory) I can only pick them up again if the block on my belt is of the default 3D Cube variety.

If I have a free inventory or belt space available, picking up blocks works as expected, regardless of what block type is currently equipped.

20211209230434_1.jpg

confirmed and reported

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)