Limiting ability to craft higher quality equipment

BFT2020

I am writing up a modlet to change how T0 equipment works in my games.

One thing I was thinking of doing was limiting what quality levels you can craft (and of course loot / buy) the T0 equipment.

I was looking over the progression file and I see that the the crafting level is tied to the perk that you spec into

From miner69r

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="perkMiner69r"/>

One thing I thought about doing was appending another line with a modified tag for those cases and then modifying the tag in the items file to match (see example)

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,2,2,2" tags="perkMiner69rT0"/>

However, I realized then I would have to append additional lines for other aspects if I still want the perk69r to apply in those cases (like damage increase based on perk level, etc).

Can I do the above, but just change the tag in the recipes instead?  My initial thought is that it won't work and I have to do what I said above

I know I can try this when I get home, but I been doing coding work when I am stuck in meetings or on breaks so right now everything I am doing is based on theory  😉