linux update to alpha 20

prieshas

@prieshas

Use this command from a terminal. Replace the path with your path.

steamcmd +force_install_dir "D:\7DTD a20 server" +login anonymous +app_update 294420 -validate -beta latest_experimental +quit

Or if you're using Steam, opt into the latest experimental from the Properties/Betas screen.

Edited by Beelzybub (see edit history)

I created an account here so i could get involved as i've been having issues with Linux and obtaining A20 too.

I'm trying to install a fresh copy of A20 on x64 Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS [Headerless] and i've been having issues too (mostly not working out what to put after the 'app_update 294420' as i've been told a few ways). I hear its best to fresh install than update from A19 to A20.

I've tried the following using the switch (-beta latest_experemenal) provided by @Beelzybub above (Thank you!) also shown on the valve site https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server.

The following assumes that steamcmd has been installed via APT alongside its 64 bit prereqs (i put at the bottom). It also assumes you want to install to /home/7dtd :]. I'll let you know my findings with the first time run of the app as soon as i get the time. I hope the following works for you @prieshas

Dont run steamcmd as root. I do my installs bit by bit instead of using one line at at time though i know this is not as efficient.

steamcmd

force_install_dir /home/7dtd

login anonymous

app_update 294420 -validate -beta latest_experimental
quit

=======================================

steamcmd for ubuntu x64 (not needed for x86)

=======================================
SteamCMD APT install with 64 bit prereqs

sudo add-apt-repository multiverse
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt install lib32gcc1 steamcmd

ln -s /usr/games/steamcmd steamcmd

Edited by SHOODIDAGEN (see edit history)

On 12/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, Beelzybub said:

It is an example, not a prescribed path. Edit it and put whatever path you want to use there.

I know its an example, its my example i used for my install. Yes, you can put whatever you like after the 'force_install_dir' =]

Sorry if i wasn't clear about that.