A20 Dev Stream comments

Fleshus

First of all I would like to congratulate you for the job done, I watched the devs stream and this is the first time I see the faces behind this game and it was a shock to me to see that they are humans like me, with their personalities, their flaws and their feelings and the existence of this game is not the work of an almighty divine intervention! Suddenly I hesitate now to issue criticisms, myself I cannot stand being judged or criticized.

I just have to say I don't like the post-apo, handcrafted STYLE of the new guns, they look like they've been pulled out of a donkey's rectum. If I had to make my own IRL guns I would try to make them clean, reliable, pretty (according to my taste). There we can see that you took a malicious pleasure in making them look like a tramp's dildo. (It's not a drama eh, I know at least 2 mods offering a lot of weapons that I like and I think they will be available for the A20.)

I don't like the assistance drone either, in general I don't like technology, I know it's paradoxical for a gamer, but we're not going to philosophize here. But from a pragmatic point of view it is unlikely in my opinion that one or more post-apo survivors will make this kind of gadgets, logically they would be busy enough to find something to eat! I could understand the robotic hammer / turret because the threat represented by the zombies can justify the creation of this kind of tools (and again that is debatable) but with this drone it just goes too far for my taste. Once again from a quality and gameplay point of view, it's great and I am well aware of it, it is from an immersion / realism, aesthetic and moral point of view that I am criticizing here ...

Finally I think that this drone will be largely dispensable, it will be enough for me not to use it the only function that I find attractive is the additional lighting but instead I would have preferred flares or light sticks would have been more to my liking, (I saw something like this in a "Tactical Action" overhaul mod I believe, made by a Chinese if I'm not mistaken). The storage function could have been useful if I wasn't using a 120 slots backpack mod! (after 1000 hours of play I had my slap in the micro inventory management ... In addition 120 slots is very practical in the prefab editor, I also suggest that it should be like that by default.)

This is just my opinion, each to their own and I already know that I am part of the minority, thank you.

I take this opportunity to say that I have never been so impatient to test a new version of the game, I will test the experimental version and this is the first time since the A17! I'm expecting a lot: new climatic effects, the new grass mesh, the gore dismemberments, the new blocks, the prospects that this offers for creation, etc ... All this seems very promising! Bravo again!

PS: Ha also I hate beer so I will miss grain alcohol ... Yes I know it's just a game ...

Like you said, to each his own, but I love the new pipe weapons and their madmaxian style look. Yes, they look a bit rugged and clunky, but that's exactly what I'd expect from something I made from a couple of pipes and a tub of glue 😄 Not to mention that they're quite usable, but not OP for the first period of the game. Chef's kiss for the worthy blunderbuss replacements.

Haven't tried the drone yet, so I don't really have an opinion on it, but watching Jawoodle play with it, I could see it becoming a hindrance with its propensity to wander into your sights in quite inopportune moments.